multiple profiles per user

July 9, 2005 10:11:01 AM

on my home pc I have 3 profiles for each user under documents and settings.
the first is user name the second is username.compter name and the third is
user name.computer name.000 I was told by someone this could be a virus. I
ran macafee and no virus found also use spybot ad-aware and reg mech. any
suggestions how to fix this?

More about : multiple profiles user

July 9, 2005 1:28:58 PM

If a profile becomes corrupted it will recreate a new one with .001 or .002.
It's not usually due to a virus.

"swimswithsharks" <swimswithsharks"nospam"@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> on my home pc I have 3 profiles for each user under documents and
> settings.
> the first is user name the second is username.compter name and the third
> is
> user name.computer name.000 I was told by someone this could be a virus. I
> ran macafee and no virus found also use spybot ad-aware and reg mech. any
> suggestions how to fix this?
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 1:28:59 PM

can I safely delete the corrupt profiles, how do they become corrupt? What
can I do to avoid this in the future? Why did all profiles incl guest which
is disabled and not used get corrupted?

!