Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade intel pentium cpu b950 to core i3

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 7, 2012 3:40:36 PM

How do I upgrade intel pentium B950 to the core i3???
a c 144 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
December 7, 2012 3:51:26 PM

Which laptop do you have? Maybe you can't upgrade.
m
l
December 8, 2012 11:47:30 PM

HP Compaq Presario CQ45
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
December 8, 2012 11:51:57 PM

Your biggest hurdle is if the BIOS has support for the i series written in. Your best bet is to google your lappy and i3 or i5 or upgrade CPU and find some success stories (or lack thereof).

Physically the CPU will fit as long as they are the same socket, and the laptop will turn on, but if the BIOS doesn't recognize it, you're either stuck or learn how to make/load hacked BIOS code.
m
l
December 9, 2012 3:18:10 PM

scottiemedic said:
Your biggest hurdle is if the BIOS has support for the i series written in. Your best bet is to google your lappy and i3 or i5 or upgrade CPU and find some success stories (or lack thereof).

Physically the CPU will fit as long as they are the same socket, and the laptop will turn on, but if the BIOS doesn't recognize it, you're either stuck or learn how to make/load hacked BIOS code.

thanks
m
l
April 5, 2013 11:42:42 AM

yes, you can upgrade your cpu to socket g2 cpu listed here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/353317-28-upgrade-l...

but beware HP COMPAQ notebooks got a weak cpu-nb-gpu coolers, you need to replace fan with more powerful, try to use core i5 cpu's - they are not so hot as core i7. Got no i3 with suitable price at my region, the only core i5 or i7's )
m
l
!