Geforce 2 Tweaking/Ocing

G

Could anyone direct me to some links/articles on Geforce2 tweaking and overclocking? I read the one on 3dcpu.com already but I cant seem to find many other useful ones.

Just built my own system and want to see what I can get out of it. Right now I am getting about 6750 in 3dMark 2000 with the following system running Windows ME: 1ghz amd thunderbird cpu, abit kt7 mobo, 256 crucial pc133 cas2, elsa gladiac 32mb geforce 2 (at 230/360 with 6.34 drivers)... That scores seems low to me. Is it normal or am I just being picky?

Thanks.

mpjesse

Splendid
That score isn't that bad. Have you used the irongate registry hack? There's also a "SBA" hack that enables the side band of the AGP bus or something. I'm not sure if that's right- but it works.

-MP Jesse

G

That score is a little low, but not too much. Have you got the latest VIA drivers installed for the motherboard? My score with the GTS2 32mb DDR is 7460 non-overclocked with the NVidia 6.34 drivers and DX7 installed with VIA 4.24a INF's. I have a TBird 900 clocked to 1050mhz, PC133 RAM on the Abit KT7. I tweaked all things in the BIOS to improve CPU and Memory performance. Be sure to enable AGP 4X in the board, as well as Fast Write. The KT7 manual tells you all of the settings from slowest to fastest for most options. When I overclocked the board to 220mhz and 375mhz my score was 7865. I used Win98se though on the last test, the 7460 was achieved on WinME. Tweak all the options in the BIOS and see if it improves.

G

Found those hacks and messed around with the BIOS, got my score up to 7211 which seems good enough. Thanks for the help.