HELP please !!!

July 9, 2005 9:06:51 PM

I wonder if anyone can point me in the correct direction.

I have a problem...

When I RIGHT click on ANY of my drives form My Computer, I get the ERROR
reporting panel appear and the Dr. Watson item runs to enable me to send a
report to MS. This is annoying and causing problems as the features used
form RIGHT click are now not available to me. This also happens when using
Windows Explorer.

Any help appreciated.

Dennis

More about : question

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 9:06:52 PM

See this...

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eOIxsAKhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Dennis <ddls11646remove this@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
> I wonder if anyone can point me in the correct direction.
>
> I have a problem...
>
> When I RIGHT click on ANY of my drives form My Computer, I get the ERROR
> reporting panel appear and the Dr. Watson item runs to enable me to send a
> report to MS. This is annoying and causing problems as the features used
> form RIGHT click are now not available to me. This also happens when using
> Windows Explorer.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Dennis
July 10, 2005 3:44:24 AM

Not sorted it out as yet.

Thanks for the info.

> See this...
>
> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eOIxsAKhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> Dennis <ddls11646remove this@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
>> I wonder if anyone can point me in the correct direction.
>>
>> I have a problem...
>>
>> When I RIGHT click on ANY of my drives form My Computer, I get the ERROR
>> reporting panel appear and the Dr. Watson item runs to enable me to send
>> report to MS. This is annoying and causing problems as the features used
>> form RIGHT click are now not available to me. This also happens when
>> using
>> Windows Explorer.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Dennis

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 3:44:25 AM

Dennis,

Method 2 - Using ShellExView to determine the Context-menu causing the
problem
is the way to go.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.