HELP please !!!

I wonder if anyone can point me in the correct direction.

I have a problem...

When I RIGHT click on ANY of my drives form My Computer, I get the ERROR
reporting panel appear and the Dr. Watson item runs to enable me to send a
report to MS. This is annoying and causing problems as the features used
form RIGHT click are now not available to me. This also happens when using
Windows Explorer.

Any help appreciated.

Dennis
3 answers Last reply
More about help

    See this...

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eOIxsAKhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Dennis <ddls11646remove this@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
    > I wonder if anyone can point me in the correct direction.
    >
    > I have a problem...
    >
    > When I RIGHT click on ANY of my drives form My Computer, I get the ERROR
    > reporting panel appear and the Dr. Watson item runs to enable me to send a
    > report to MS. This is annoying and causing problems as the features used
    > form RIGHT click are now not available to me. This also happens when using
    > Windows Explorer.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Dennis

    Not sorted it out as yet.

    Thanks for the info.

    > See this...
    >
    > Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:eOIxsAKhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Dennis <ddls11646remove this@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
    >> I wonder if anyone can point me in the correct direction.
    >>
    >> I have a problem...
    >>
    >> When I RIGHT click on ANY of my drives form My Computer, I get the ERROR
    >> reporting panel appear and the Dr. Watson item runs to enable me to send
    >> report to MS. This is annoying and causing problems as the features used
    >> form RIGHT click are now not available to me. This also happens when
    >> using
    >> Windows Explorer.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.
    >>
    >> Dennis

    Dennis,

    Method 2 - Using ShellExView to determine the Context-menu causing the
    problem
    is the way to go.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23sF4FfNhFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Dennis <ddls11646remove this@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
    > Not sorted it out as yet.
    >
    > Thanks for the info.

    >> See this...
    >>
    >> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:eOIxsAKhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    >> Dennis <ddls11646remove this@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I wonder if anyone can point me in the correct direction.
    >>>
    >>> I have a problem...
    >>>
    >>> When I RIGHT click on ANY of my drives form My Computer, I get the ERROR
    >>> reporting panel appear and the Dr. Watson item runs to enable me to send
    >>> report to MS. This is annoying and causing problems as the features used
    >>> form RIGHT click are now not available to me. This also happens when
    >>> using
    >>> Windows Explorer.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Dennis