Radeon Benchmarking

G

I have been trying to benchmark my Radeon 64mb DDR using 3dMark2000 (ver1.1). I can never complete the full test though. I have downloaded all the drivers (for the card as well as my mobo and tweaks, etc), but it still hangs during the high polygon count test or maybe it is the fill rate test, one of the two. its the test where the rings are spinning in and out and doing all kinds of weird stuff.

If I customize my benchmark and only benchmark the two games and the cpu speed, it does fine, and finishes the benchmark. With only these tests I got a score of 4876.

I would like to OC my card with powerstrip but if I can not finish the full benchmark I can not get accurate results on my OC'ing.

Anyone have similar problems? suggestions? advice?

Any help would be appreciated.

-----
T-bird 900@1080
ASUS A7V (1005a, VIA 4in1)
256mb PC133 CAS2 Crucial RAM
Radeon 64mb DDR VIVO
SBL MP3+ 5.1
Windows 2000 Professional (SP1)

G

Rider: I hate to beat a dead horse, but the Radeon is suffering from under-developed drivers. Many others here have had many problems. I went and bought the AIW Radeon 32mb DDR card Saturday just to find out for myself, with disappointment. I would suggest taking the card back if possible to where you purchased it and buy a NVidia GeForce GTS 2 32mb DDR board or better, as they are much faster. Sorry, I really like ATI, as they will soon become the underdog in the Video industry now that 3dfx is gone. I live in the DFW area and all of the 3dfx cards have been pulled from the shelves, leaving only the ATI cards and NVidia equipped cards to buy, easy decision in my mind. Lastly, most of the problems with the Radeon card have been within Win2k, also install the latest VIA drivers for the motherboard. You can get all the versions, including beta versions, from www.viahardware.com.

G

That did not have anything to do with the Benchmark results itself, but corruption of memory and data possibly causing data loss.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No way, hobbit hasn't pasted here yet. This is amazing, what is the world coming to?

<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = <font color=red>IDIOT</font color=red> Outside
:wink:

G

kn: I also thought it might have something to do with the ATI drivers (or lack thereof), but the Radeon comes with win2k drivers included with the installation cd now, so I figured it would have full support for it. But ATI is never up to par with their drivers, so I'm sure they're missing something with this one.

I actually bought this card awhile ago, but I never put it to use until recently when I finished putting together this computer. I was always a Nvidia fan, but I'm afraid its too late to return the Radeon. It is actually a pretty nice card, it performs pretty well in all other aspects except with this damned benchmark program. Although I did have a hell of a time configuring this thing so that it wouldn't keep conflicting with my tuner card. The ATI win2k driver is complete crap, I do not even know why it was including in the newer installation cd's, it is obviously underdeveloped. With it alone, my system would hang running any 3d game or multimedia app. Without the VIA driver, this card would be worthless to win2k users.

Thanks for the input all.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ah hobbit, i like your old signiture better. you should switch back. or take this one (its from a planetfortress motd) If at first you don't succede, skydiving isn't for you. On second thought, Im taking it, so you cant have it.

<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = <font color=red>IDIOT</font color=red> Outside
:wink:

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Try asking the people at Rage3d.com

i only play 5 games so im happy with the card. i only need 30fps.

10% of my time ---halflife: counterstrike
05% of my time ---Quake3
20% of my time ---Unreal touranment
15% of my time ---Diablo 2
50% of my time ---Starcraft: brood war

ABIT BP6 + ATI RADEON 32MB DDR RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
in every 3d shooter i play with my radeon 32ddr i get over 100fps in 1024x768 in 32bit color. This beats a GeForce2 GTS which costs about twice as much. Oh, and as a side note, I run Win2k PRO!!!!!! muahahahaha

If at first you don't succede, skydiving isn't for you. :frown:

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can try using power strip to reduce your card from Agp 4x to 2x, see if that will help...

my ATI AIW gets only 4500 in Win2k (4800 in WinME, 5300 when OC-ed to 182 Mhz), no problems... hope you get yours to work too... g'luck:)