Turn on a Latitude D800 with Lid closed

Last response: in Computer Brands
April 28, 2005 11:29:44 AM

I have latitude d800 attached to a LCD. No dock or port replicator. Works
fine. Of course I know how to power down and restart though windows but my
question is there any way to turn the notebook on without opening and
closing the lid to access the power button.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:29:45 AM

"Robert Kelly" <RobKelly34@Yahoo.com> wrote:
>I have latitude d800 attached to a LCD. No dock or port replicator.

Without a dock or port replicator you are stuck with either opening
the lid, wiring something to the power switch, using some kind of
WakeOnLAN or WakeOnModemRing or some such thing. Lots of ugly
solutions, not many good ones...
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 6:26:25 AM

Thanks - that's what i was thinking. Ugly. I guess I'll keep popping that
lid. Much appreciated

!