Turn on a Latitude D800 with Lid closed

I have latitude d800 attached to a LCD. No dock or port replicator. Works
fine. Of course I know how to power down and restart though windows but my
question is there any way to turn the notebook on without opening and
closing the lid to access the power button.
2 answers Last reply
More about turn latitude d800 closed

    "Robert Kelly" <RobKelly34@Yahoo.com> wrote:
    >I have latitude d800 attached to a LCD. No dock or port replicator.

    Without a dock or port replicator you are stuck with either opening
    the lid, wiring something to the power switch, using some kind of
    WakeOnLAN or WakeOnModemRing or some such thing. Lots of ugly
    solutions, not many good ones...

    Thanks - that's what i was thinking. Ugly. I guess I'll keep popping that
    lid. Much appreciated

    William P. N. Smith wrote:
    > "Robert Kelly" <RobKelly34@Yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> I have latitude d800 attached to a LCD. No dock or port replicator.
    >
    > Without a dock or port replicator you are stuck with either opening
    > the lid, wiring something to the power switch, using some kind of
    > WakeOnLAN or WakeOnModemRing or some such thing. Lots of ugly
    > solutions, not many good ones...

Dell Latitude Power Down Computers