Cross-Server Dungeons Coming to WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
WTF...man these guys are scum...they see a little wain in their players and they bring what should have been broughten years ago.. pathetic.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
This is a great idea...

I havnt played wow since my ban 3-4 years ago for botting but i can imagine this will make finding a group much easier, especialy late @ night.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
I'm glad someone is finally doing this with a mainstream MMO.
I'm not sure if this has been done before or not but it certainly hasn't been done recently or with big name titles. I have always wondered why and now developers will have almost no excuse to try it.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
how about less servers! this is why i play eve, one sever. if someone else is like "hey i play eve" its never oh different server, cant ever do anything together, ever. there are a lot more reasons why i play eve, but that a different news topic.

khaydin

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]eve has one server because they have 50k subscribers...WoW has a bit more then that[/citation]

Eve has a lot more than 50k subscribers, the 50k you're talking about is players logged in to the server at one time. Regularly on weekends you'll see 50,000+ players connected to the server at once.

G

Well I hope it fixes "additional instances can not be lauched" when you have to wait 5mins-two hours to just get into a dungeon whe you already have a group it is very frustrating. This has gone on for 2-3 months with no fix, it's amazing what im willing to pay 15$ a month for... to wait.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
You people saying eve is one server.. What ever.. It's a joke. Unless you're part of a corporation forget about playing.. I'd rather watch paint dry. Even if eve does have a lot more players on it's server then wow does you don't see hardly any of them.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Hmmm... that's pretty bad-ass actually. If my kids ever regain their interest, I'll reactivate our accounts (we all stopped playing about a month after WotLK in various stages of level 70 -> 80 progression).

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]P_haze420[/nom]EVE online still kick WoW ass, any day.[/citation]

You know, I've played EVE on two separate occassions for a couple of months at a time. It seems like it should be a really good game to get into, and I like sci-fi... but I just can't seem to get into it. I don't know if I'm just hooked up with weak crews or what, but I get to a point where I've got a few million skill points and a few hundred million ISK, and I just lose interest.

G

Aion Korea's been basically doing this for the last year, and when it launches in Sept in US it ill be available there as well. Looks like WoW is panicking right now as other MMOs are coming out of development with legitimately implemented new ideas. I'm hearing most of my WoW friends and everyone they know are jumping ship the moment the new expansion comes out and they redo all the formulas. Too many changes too suddenly can kill anything.

kajohn10

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ice_mountain_[/nom]the whole point is so that you don't wait 2 hours. more like 1 to 5 minutes like for battlegrounds[/citation]

Ha, that is if they can fix the damn "Additonal instances cannot be launched at this time".
I guess some servers have been "fixed" (read: H/W updated), but really, it cant be that hard to through in another blade to increase capacity for additional instances. Yet the continue to push content that folks CANT PLAY due to server loads.

kajohn10

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Sheesh, I could write for Toms! (throw vs. through and they vs the).

Just wanted to input that this is a good idea for WoW, I have a lot of friends that I have made through MMOs over the years and then find out they play WoW...just on a different server. I dont like starting over, or paying $ to transfer (sometimes you cant, PvP to Normal and back to PvP is not allowed), so this will help...as long as I can "choose" which server I want to poll for "LFG".

G

They never said you could choose the people you party with. Just a heads-up on that. You can't pvp with your friends on other servers, so you may not be able to instance with them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.