1. What is your budget?
I'd prefer something in the $500-$600 range but I'm probably willing to spend up to $700.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I think a 15" screen should be sufficient, although I'm not opposed to a bit larger.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not really sure.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
It will probably be used mostly as a desktop replacement although I may carry it around a bit.
5. How much battery life do you need?
As above, it will probably be used at home and plugged in most of the time. More battery life definitely isn't a bad thing though.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I'll probably mostly be playing League of Legends, maybe some WoW. It would be nice to be able to play modern games at low-medium settings but gaming isn't a critical issue.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Nothing other than light gaming and standard uses.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb should be plenty, but more is never bad.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I usually buy from newegg, but I have no problem buying elsewhere if someone has a recommendation.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I don't really need, or rather want to pay for, something top of the line if that's what this question is getting at. I'm buying the laptop because I'm traveling overseas for around 6 months and shipping my desktop would cost more than just buying a laptop. If it lasts 6 months to a year it will have fulfilled its purpose, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like it to last longer.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Probably don't need any.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
This is what I'm here for mostly. I don't really know anything about who makes good laptops, so whatever you guys know is good and reliable, that's what I want. Also it would be nice to have a minimum of bullshit proprietary software that just gets in the way.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Can't think of anything else, but if there's anything else you'd like to know, ask away.
Another option you may want to look at is this laptop. It has a A10 processor and a pretty nice graphics card in it. The processor isn't nearly as fast as the i7 and the memory is a little slower as well as the hard drive. However, as a whole you get a really good experience with this and its not a refurbished item. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...