Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Is this just the folder where files go after they're kicked out of the
recycle bin...all of the information I've been able to get from researching
this, has hinted at that, but has not really specified directly....can
someone let me know if this is true, and if I want to completely delete
files, will deleting everything in that folder do it....and free up disk
space from those apparently useless files....thanks in advance for any info...

Chris

No.

%systemdrive%\RECYCLER\Your SID # is YOUR Recycle Bin.

The Recycler folder is used only on NTFS formatted drives. It's a Hidden
folder.

%systemdrive%\RECYCLER
With at least one folder
SID #
for every user on the machine.

If there is only one user, then there is only one
SID # folder. That SID # folder is the Recycle Bin.

Security identifiers (SIDs) are numeric values that identify a user or
group.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:9A398305-BBD1-4FB2-B5DD-5A3012A89F59@microsoft.com,
Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Is this just the folder where files go after they're kicked out of the
> recycle bin...all of the information I've been able to get from
> researching this, has hinted at that, but has not really specified
> directly....can someone let me know if this is true, and if I want to
> completely delete files, will deleting everything in that folder do
> it....and free up disk space from those apparently useless
> files....thanks in advance for any info...
>
> Chris

Where?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:daph7i$onb$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk,
Alan Smith <alan@hidden.email> hunted and pecked:
> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is this just the folder where files go after they're kicked out of the
>> recycle bin...all of the information I've been able to get from
>> researching this, has hinted at that, but has not really specified
>> directly....can someone let me know if this is true, and if I want to
>> completely delete files, will deleting everything in that folder do
>> it....and free up disk space from those apparently useless
>> files....thanks in advance for any info...
>>
>> Chris
>

> Look here

Alan,

I didn't jump anywhere.

I top post. *Always*.

I was the second and fourth poster.

You were the third and fifth poster.

Does one bottom post make a series?

It looked to me like you had forgotten to paste or type in the url.

There is *no* hyperlink in your first post.

See if you can see any hyperlinks in your first post here...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_thread/thread/2fdd89fa9b0853bf/6e37c707b9b95f6b?q=group:microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support+insubject:Recycler+insubject:Folder+insubject:in+insubject:XP+insubject:pro&rnum=1&hl=en#6e37c707b9b95f6b

Or *anything* that looks like a url.

Point it out to me and I'll click on it or paste it in the IE Address bar.

I usually do not bother to read bottom posts.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:dapqe0$545$2@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk,

> Alan,
>
> I didn't jump anywhere.
>
> I top post. *Always*.
>
> I was the second and fourth poster.
>
> You were the third and fifth poster.
>
> Does one bottom post make a series?
>
> It looked to me like you had forgotten to paste or type in the url.
>
> There is *no* hyperlink in your first post.
>
> See if you can see any hyperlinks in your first post here...
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_thread/thread/2fdd89fa9b0853bf/6e37c707b9b95f6b?q=group:microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support+insubject:Recycler+insubject:Folder+insubject:in+insubject:XP+insubject:pro&rnum=1&hl=en#6e37c707b9b95f6b
>
> Or *anything* that looks like a url.
>
> Point it out to me and I'll click on it or paste it in the IE Address bar.
>
> I usually do not bother to read bottom posts.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:dapqe0$545$2@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk,
> Alan Smith <alan@hidden.email> hunted and pecked:
>> Can you try and follow the flow of conversation please- rather than jump
>> to the top after a series of bottom posting. It really isn't hard to do-
>> for most people of even average intelligence.

>>> Where?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:daph7i$onb$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk,
>>> Alan Smith <alan@hidden.email> hunted and pecked:

>> Sorry if it is complicated for you. It is called a hyperlink, clicking on
>> it ........
>>
>> It seems that following the flow of conversation is too complicated too.

I don't need to go to your link which , if it doesn't show the link that is
there is a poor service. The link is there on my mail service. It is there
on a neighbours service- I even checked just for you.
Perhaps you should consider using a more superior service that doesn't cut
hyperlinks.

Alan,

I know that you are trying to help folks.

My News Server, msnews.microsoft.com, has nothing to do with it.

Consider that you are posting using Outlook Express formatted in HTML.

Consider that the OP was using CDO. Most CDO posters cannot see or even
click on real links, let alone something like: Look here

I am Using OE, like you are, however I have mine set to Read all messages in
plain text.

[[When you create messages using HTML formatting, only e-mail programs that
support HTML can read the formatting. If the recipient's e-mail or news
reading program cannot read HTML, the message is displayed as plain text
with an HTML file attached. ]]

CDO does not support file attachments, so the OP wouldn't even see an
attachment.

So the OP and I see Look here in plain text, not as a live link in blue that
leads to...

http://web.ask.co.uk/web?q=recycle+bin+in+windows+xp&ste=0&qsrc=0&o=0

If the OP can't click on or paste your hyperlink into the IE Address bar,
what good is it? Who have you helped?

So post in Plain text or use an URL.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/U/URL.html

[[To set up Outlook Express so that your message replies are sent in a
format that the originator's e-mail or news reading program can read, in the
main window, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Send tab.
Select the Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent check
box. ]]

Or...

OE | Tools | Options | Send tab | News Sending Format |
Plain Text

Something to think about.

Keep having fun. ;-)

--