When I boot up the screen with the scrolling bar takes
12 passes before the screen goes black. Then it just
sits there for 10 - 15 sec. before the HD light comes on
and it starts to boot up. It's quck from there on.

It used to take only 3 passes of the scrolling bar and then
only 5 sec. or so before the HD light came on and it finished
booting.

I've updated video drivers and reverted back and installed
Microsofts malware checker. Could that be it? I'm using
61.72 Nvidia drivers right now with a TNT2 64 Pro. video
card.

Thank you,

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Try googeling for a program called bootlog XP install it and see what program
is taking up the boot time.
--
Don Kendrick

"George Mooth" wrote:

> When I boot up the screen with the scrolling bar takes
> 12 passes before the screen goes black. Then it just
> sits there for 10 - 15 sec. before the HD light comes on
> and it starts to boot up. It's quck from there on.
>
> It used to take only 3 passes of the scrolling bar and then
> only 5 sec. or so before the HD light came on and it finished
> booting.
>
> I've updated video drivers and reverted back and installed
> Microsofts malware checker. Could that be it? I'm using
> 61.72 Nvidia drivers right now with a TNT2 64 Pro. video
> card.
>
> Thank you,

Don's recommendation seems appropriate. Go to
http://www.greatis.com/utilities/bootlogxp/download.htm

Alternatively Event Viewer has times associated with the entries it logs and
I have used it in the past to find a service that was taking almost 2
minutes to load.

Go to Start > Run and type
eventvwr.msc
click OK