xp keeps crashing

XP keeps crashing on start up, stop 0X0000007E OXCOOOOOO5, OX8050BCOA,
OXF7A66A50, 6XF7A6674C, I have tried 2 different video cards, it will not
boot all the way in safe mode. Goes to XP loading page, then to logon page,
then crashes, and does a memory dump. can you help me in this matter. THANK
YOU

If you visit the link Will Denny suggested you will see that it is
recommended that you check Event Viewer.

Go to Start > Run and type
eventvwr.msc
click OK

Post back any error you see flagged with a red X.

You may have a driver problem or a problem with one of the many system
services.

From what you say it looks like it is video related.

But since it seems unlikely you can boot - even in Safe Mode - I would
suggest a repair install - or if your PC came with a bootable diagnostic
CD-ROM give it a whirl.

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm
Windows XP Repair Installation

--
Michael

"Meloval" <Meloval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> XP keeps crashing on start up, stop 0X0000007E OXCOOOOOO5, OX8050BCOA,
> OXF7A66A50, 6XF7A6674C, I have tried 2 different video cards, it will
> not
> boot all the way in safe mode. Goes to XP loading page, then to logon
> page,
> then crashes, and does a memory dump. can you help me in this matter.
> THANK
> YOU

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left hand column
(7E)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Meloval" <Meloval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> XP keeps crashing on start up, stop 0X0000007E OXCOOOOOO5, OX8050BCOA,
> OXF7A66A50, 6XF7A6674C, I have tried 2 different video cards, it will
> not
> boot all the way in safe mode. Goes to XP loading page, then to logon
> page,
> then crashes, and does a memory dump. can you help me in this matter.
> THANK
> YOU

Do you have an extra memory module you can test with? I would think first
and foremost it's either a hard drive issue or a memory issue. That's what
I check first. If you can put another memory module in there and it still
blue screens, attempt a chkdsk /r from the Windows install CD.

--
Nocturnal

http://www.spywaretalk.org