*PING* Rudy Versele

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

WOW, Thanks guys! Especially you, Tony and Cat.
After those nice words, I found the courage and will fight to create a bigger
and better site. A site for you all :)
If someone has suggestions, please tell me
Thanks again :) :) :)
Rudy

*ProteanThread* wrote:

> hey, thanks for the most awesome gaming site. almost, if not as good as or
> better than, game hippo. found the most tubular (pun intended) Super Mario
> World Clone (and it does NOT install!).....
>
> http://www.caiman.us
>
> ... checking out other games now (a lot of nice retro games)!
>
> --------
> Woodzy
> http://rtdos.com/forum
>
> rtdos MSN Discussion Group
> http://groups.msn.com/rtdos

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

I like the fact that you have a lot of no-install games. particularly
useful when a game doesn't work, or a game i get bored with, or you get the
idea. ;-)

Rudy Versele <rudy@caiman.be> wrote here on 07 Apr 2004:

> WOW, Thanks guys! Especially you, Tony and Cat.
> After those nice words, I found the courage and will fight to
> create a bigger and better site. A site for you all :)
> If someone has suggestions, please tell me
<snip>

Firstly... I want to add my voice to the others. It's a *very* nice
site, and I bookmarked it immediately. =:) Secondly, I'm impressed by
the number of racing games you have, as many freeware websites are poor
on that category. Thank you!

--
Above address *is* valid - but snip spamtrap to get me to *read*!

Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Thanks !!
That is a very good idea.
I also hate install games. I am thinking about adding some icons
("install","no-install","self-extract","1 file",etc) on each page. But that will
takes a long time before I can do that (I have to "reinstall" each game again).
Thanks for the good advice :)
Rudy
http://www.caiman.us

*ProteanThread* wrote:

> I like the fact that you have a lot of no-install games. particularly
> useful when a game doesn't work, or a game i get bored with, or you get the
> idea. ;-)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Hi David :)
I can add more racing games at the site (and I will), but the majority of
these games are Japanese games. LZH files, Japanese installs, sometimes no
English at all ... and I am afraid that most gamers got problems with all
that strange stuff.
Rudy
http://www.caiman.us

Rudy Versele <rudy@caiman.be> wrote here on 08 Apr 2004:

> Hi David :)
> I can add more racing games at the site (and I will), but the
> majority of these games are Japanese games.
<snip>

Hmmm... how about these? All sites in English!

Racer - http://www.racer.nl

Netkar - http://www.nkzone.com/

TORCS - http://torcs.sourceforge.net/

--
Above address *is* valid - but snip spamtrap to get me to *read*!

Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

How 's this cool game! H@K@T@K II (one of those really addictive type games)
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f838.html

This one has no installer either

In <news:407468E3.147C859D@caiman.be> Rudy Versele wrote:

> If someone has suggestions, please tell me

If games could by sorted by size, too?

--
Anne

"Anne" <augjaxqppsuo@spammotel.com> wrote in message
> In <news:407468E3.147C859D@caiman.be> Rudy Versele wrote:
>
> > If someone has suggestions, please tell me
>
> If games could by sorted by size, too?
>
> --
> Anne

that and no install would make it an awesome site!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Thanks for the suggestions (you too Anne)

About the sorting by size:
The whole website is a html website without any database! (except a
database for the votings and download counters)
reason: The only database that our server can run is MS Access and
Access locked when there are too many users at the same time. Therefore
I should have to use a real database (as MS SQL, Interbase or so), but
at the moment my budget is too low to do that. :-(

At this manner it is very difficult to sort the game by size too. But I
found the happy medium: Tomorrow I will add a button "Top 30 smallest"
at the site. At this manner you got 10 pages, each 30 games, sorted by
size.

note: I am thinking about a brand new website, so I am collecting all
the suggestions for this one.

Cheers,
Rudy
http://www.caiman.us

*ProteanThread* wrote:

> "Anne" <augjaxqppsuo@spammotel.com> wrote in message
> > In <news:407468E3.147C859D@caiman.be> Rudy Versele wrote:
> >
> > > If someone has suggestions, please tell me
> >
> > If games could by sorted by size, too?
> >
> > --
> > Anne
>
> that and no install would make it an awesome site!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Rudy Versele wrote to alt.comp.freeware.games on Sat, 10 Apr 2004
21:00:25 GMT, the following ...
> Thanks for the suggestions (you too Anne)

<SNIP>
> note: I am thinking about a brand new website, so I am collecting all
> the suggestions for this one.
>
> Cheers,
> Rudy
> http://www.caiman.us

Hello Rudy,

I've been following all the posts about your site this week and know that
you are trying to improve upon it.

If you are trying to get to the 1K mark I know that I can point you to
download at least one and maybe a few more that are good and that you
don't have on your site. I haven't looked at your whole site yet and
when I dop I'll compare your list with what I've downloaded over the
years (FreeWare Only) What I've downloaded is much much smaller than the
number of games on you web site.

Any games which I suggest will run on Win98.

Mark S.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Hello Mark

Indeed I am trying to reach the 1K mark (and after that I will trying the 2K
;-))
But the priority of the website is the quality of the games.

Sometimes it is very difficult to find some new stuff, so your suggestions
would be very welcome :)

Rudy
http://www.caiman.us

"Mark S." wrote:

> Hello Rudy,
>
> I've been following all the posts about your site this week and know that
> you are trying to improve upon it.
>
> If you are trying to get to the 1K mark I know that I can point you to
> download at least one and maybe a few more that are good and that you
> don't have on your site. I haven't looked at your whole site yet and
> when I dop I'll compare your list with what I've downloaded over the
> years (FreeWare Only) What I've downloaded is much much smaller than the
> number of games on you web site.
>
> Any games which I suggest will run on Win98.
>
> Mark S.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Rudy Versele wrote to alt.comp.freeware.games on Sun, 11 Apr 2004
08:39:59 GMT, the following ...
> Hello Mark
>
> Indeed I am trying to reach the 1K mark (and after that I will trying the 2K
> ;-))
> But the priority of the website is the quality of the games.
>
> Sometimes it is very difficult to find some new stuff, so your suggestions
> would be very welcome :)
>
> Rudy
> http://www.caiman.us

Hello Rudy,

In a day or two I'll have some links for you for games.

OT -
The name of this group is alt.comp.freeware.games and that was what was
on my mind earlier in the week when I first saw your website, the 900+
games! Yesterday I looked at the rest of your site. And there is sooo
much more to your site than just the games. All of the utility programs
including graphics programs are very good programs also. A link which
you might find helpful for non-game is...
http://www.pricelessware.org/
as the desciption states. "The best of the best in Windows © Freeware,
as determined by the readers of alt.comp.freeware".
Alt.comp.freeware is a good place to find other Free software than games.
A commonly asked question here is, "Where can I find a freeware CD
burner." From what I have seen of you site Rudy, you would fit right in
here also. You give a good image to the meaning of Freeware as does
alt.comp.freeware (Pricelessware).

Mark S.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Thanks Mark :)

About the non-games freeware:
At the moment I neglect my free utilities a bit. I am still dreaming to start a
big site for that stuff too, but the games takes so much time that I have no time
left for that. (In fact I am looking for someone who wish to maintain the free
utilities). In my humble a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I mean that
I better fight for only one good and big site (free games) instead of splitting my
time and building 2 sites by halves. But forbearance is no acquittance, when I
find the time or find an enthusiast to maintain the site then I'll go for it.

Rudy
http://www.caiman.us

In <news:40786070.275D5785@caiman.be> Rudy Versele wrote:

> But I found the happy medium: Tomorrow I will add a button "Top 30
> smallest" at the site.

Cool! I hope it's not too cumbersome?

--
Anne

God was satisfied with his own work, and that is fatal.
- Samuel Butler