NEW RADEON DRIVERS -- WIN98, WIN ME + --WIN2K---

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i gots it as well, gonna install after i flash my bios and update my 4-in-1's

If at first you don't succede, skydiving isn't for you.
<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = Idiot Outside

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well ive got the lastest bios, the latest 4-in-1s and the latest radeon drivers and im doing good, i also overclocked my 800 to 950, only thing is i didnt make it though my first run of 3dmark but i dont know if its a o/c thing or a display driver thing or what. ill keep ya posted

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
why are you guys installing the Special purpose drivers? I thought those were just in case you had real, specific issues... my radeon is running fine on the newest official drivers (3056?), do I really need to risk by switching?

also, are these just for pure RAdeon or can i use them with my Radeon AIW?
thanx:)

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
first off i have been running 3dmark completely through the test suite although with mediocre results (i think its because i have the wrong optimiztion)
also, i dint know what they meant by 'special purpose' drivers and i heard rage3d say they recommend um, so i went ahead, havent had any probles since.

ws6

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
special drivers to ati means beta drivers so the rest of us. it is thier way of letting us have drivers to fix problems before they are totally finished. also to note though if they mess up your system ati will usually give you no help

-----------
Chris
ws6@kc.rr.com