Activation error after re-install

Had an XP Home PC that would not boot; could not locate original Gateway
recovery CD so used one from a Dell. recovery console did a complete
re-install. After XP install Windows attempted and failed to activate
over the internet. Now on boot the logon screen appears but when a
user is selected a prompt appears telling me that Windows has not been
activated and that active scripting needs to be turned on. I can boot
to XP with Command Prompt and have checked registry zones 1400 is set
to "0". Any suggestions or hope here? Thanks, :confused:

--
dwb412

You need to find and use the Gateway CD.
The Dell CD is made for your Dell and probably can not be activated on your
gateway.
Contact Gateway for possibility of replacement if you can not locate the CD.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar