Dumpreg Problem

July 10, 2005 1:17:25 AM

My problem is, my computer is restarting it self every time i try to
start my computer.
i can log in, but its when the autostarting programs are launched the
computer is restarting.

I know what the problem are.i have inspected my startup items and this
been has been added to autostart

"KernelFaultCheck Windows Error Reporting Dump Tool (Microsoft)

%systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k"

so think i can exclude that this problem is from some malicous
software

I have trying to delete this startup item in safe mode, but after
rebooting the the item is back in autostart again

i think this is some reg error/conflict with pograms,
i have installed so many programs lately so its hard to know what could
have inpact this. but this report is all info that is avaliable and it
only reveals Microsoft,

But i have used different backup programs to restoring uptill a month
old registry settings,
but surprisinley not even that help, :(  this seem to be perm

i have used alot of different reg repair software like System
Mechanics, but the fixies i did dont seems to have helped here

i have trying to disable the windows system error report inside
systemsettings

but then i get bluscreen instead and dumped memory when startup

with the report "Driver Corrupted-MMPOOL"

i know you probably want my system specification, wich program should i
use to create my system specifications?,and i allso think i need help
how i should do to paste the report inside Internet Explorer ? i have
never learned lol :o

i feel really desperate, the last thing i want to do is reinstalling my
computer again,

please help me

--
Kloppstock

More about : dumpreg problem

July 10, 2005 1:17:26 AM

dumprep.exe forms a part of Microsoft Windows XP (and later versions),
in-built fault logging software. Upon serious errors this program will write
the details to a text file and request the information be sent to Microsoft.
This program is a non-essential system process, and is installed for third
party use
Read (all were found with just a simple Google search on "dumprep"):
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/process...
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/dumprep.asp
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/dumprep%200%20...
--
Don Kendrick

"Kloppstock" wrote:

> My problem is, my computer is restarting it self every time i try to
> start my computer.
> i can log in, but its when the autostarting programs are launched the
> computer is restarting.
>
> I know what the problem are.i have inspected my startup items and this
> been has been added to autostart
>
> "KernelFaultCheck Windows Error Reporting Dump Tool (Microsoft)
>
> %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k"
>
> so think i can exclude that this problem is from some malicous
> software
>
> I have trying to delete this startup item in safe mode, but after
> rebooting the the item is back in autostart again
>
> i think this is some reg error/conflict with pograms,
> i have installed so many programs lately so its hard to know what could
> have inpact this. but this report is all info that is avaliable and it
> only reveals Microsoft,
>
> But i have used different backup programs to restoring uptill a month
> old registry settings,
> but surprisinley not even that help, :(  this seem to be perm
>
> i have used alot of different reg repair software like System
> Mechanics, but the fixies i did dont seems to have helped here
>
> i have trying to disable the windows system error report inside
> systemsettings
>
> but then i get bluscreen instead and dumped memory when startup
>
> with the report "Driver Corrupted-MMPOOL"
>
> i know you probably want my system specification, wich program should i
> use to create my system specifications?,and i allso think i need help
> how i should do to paste the report inside Internet Explorer ? i have
> never learned lol :o
>
> i feel really desperate, the last thing i want to do is reinstalling my
> computer again,
>
> please help me
>

> --
> Kloppstock

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 2:02:50 PM

Dumprep is Error Reporting. It will take itself out.

Driver Development Tools: Windows DDK

Bug Check 0xD0: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL
The DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL bug check has a value of 0x000000D0. This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

Parameters
The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description
1 Memory referenced
2 IRQL at time of reference
3 0: Read
1: Write

4 Address that referenced memory

Cause
The kernel attempted to access pageable memory (or perhaps completely invalid memory) when the IRQL was too high. The ultimate cause of this problem is almost certainly a driver that has corrupted the system pool.

In most cases, this bug check results if a driver corrupts a large allocation (PAGE_SIZE or larger). Smaller allocations result in bug check 0xC5 (DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL).

Resolving the Problem
If you have recently installed any new software, check to see if it is properly installed. Check for updated drivers on the manufacturer's website.

To debug this error, use the special pool option of Driver Verifier. If this fails to reveal the driver that caused the error, use the Global Flags utility to enable the special pool by pool tag.

For information about the special pool, see Driver Verifier.

An alternate method is to open the \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management registry key. In this key, create or edit the ProtectNonPagedPool value, and set it equal to DWORD 1. Then reboot. Then the system will unmap all freed nonpaged pool. This will prevent drivers from corrupting the pool. (This does not protect the pool from DMA hardware, however.)

Send feedback on this topic. / Built on Thursday, February 13, 2003

Get your XP CD and install Windows Support Tools.

Type in start run after installing and rebooting

pstat > "%userprofile%\desktop\driverl­ist.txt"

The last table in this file is a list of loaded drivers. Other things apart
from hardware uses drivers. Post the list of drivers (the last table only -
REPEAT THE LAST TABLE O N L Y ) or match the fault address to the driver.

This will allow you to match memory addresses to a driver.

Type verifier in Start Run, follow the wizard but choose All Drivers. This will slow down your computer and cause more blue screen crashes but will pinpoint what is causing the crash (if the original error message didn't). Once you fix it you rerun verifier and turn it off.

If you can't start after enabling verifier
choose Last Known Good Configuration at the Failed Boot menu (which will
start without verifier).

You will be creating a crash dump file in c:\windows\minidump every blue screen. Make sure you are set to record minidumps (Small Memory Dumps) - type it in Help to see how.

Then

If you have the XP SP2 Security Update CD (else see
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/­devtools/debugging/symbolpkg.m­spx
)

Install symbols from <CD Drive Letter>:\SUPPORT\SYMBOLS

Download
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/instal...

Load the crash dump file into windbg
and read what it says. You may need to tell it where the symbols are. Read it.
Type
!Analyze -v
into Windbg's command line.
(this will hopefully tell you the faulty component)

If the above is too technical then email the crash dump files to davidc @ mvps.org. Don't send me lots of them. Just the one from your last crash after you turn verifier on. And only one per mail.

You can look up specific details here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

If it indicates faulty memory might be the cause you can get a memory tester
here
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/wi­ndiag.asp

If it mentions a core windows system file, meaning it a MS fix is required,
upload a minidump to

http://oca.microsoft.com

Also try typing the main error code in Help while online (ie,
Stop 0x50
and also try in the 8 digit form
stop 0x00000050)
and if there are too many hits use a filename if available. Generally memory
addresses are different for each computer (as each computer has a different
mix of drivers) so parameters that are memory addresses aren't that useful for searching, but NTStatus codes are (plus you can look them up here http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mingw/w32api/incl...).

!