My 3DMark scores. Something wrong?

G

My 3dmark scores seem to be low . But i can't find out what is wrong .
I got a 4750 . I have a geforceMX and 6.31 drivers installed. I did not make any changes upon registry or drivers.
My system
P3-800
Asus Cusl2-c mb
Asus 7100t GeforceMX
256MB kingston cas3 ram
SBlive Value
vice versa.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not good, but than the mx is not a stellar performer. Should be about 1000 higher though I think. Do you have it set to 4X agp in bios? I made a few bios tweaks in my system and picked up about 500 marks. And setting my system to Cas3 to see what the difference was-that was a real disappointment! Try manually setting your memory to Cas2 and see if it's still stable.

Suicide is painless...........

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
BTW, too bad you got the 800-you probably won't even be able to get the bus speed up to 133, and that's where the magic begins. I'm thinking that it's a combination of slow memory timing, slow bus speed to the memory, and the lower performance of the MX card that is causing your low scores.

Suicide is painless...........

G

Well my bus speed is 133mhz. so i dont think that is the problem. System memory is Kingston 133mhz 256 mb value ram (i payed it 236 dolar , anyway). It won't work stable on Cas2. I am sure. But as I know performance gap between cas2-cas3 is no more than %5 . Am I wrong?

toonces

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i got a little better. i got @5100 w/ the following

asus a7v (bios rev. 1005.a)
duron 800mhz.
256 pc133 micron cas3
leadtek geforce ddr. (det. rev. 6.31)
sbLive! x-gamer

nothing overclocked. i think your weak link is the video card.

<font color=red>booyah, grandma, booyah..</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS