PC that's built like a Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeway1989

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I'm trying to find a pc that's built like a MacBook Pro, so far I've only found the Dell XPS 15 but with the reviews I've read I'm not sure it's a good systems. Any ideas or other systems with the solid aluminum unibody and quad for processor with discrete graphics? Or is the xps worth getting? Anything is a step up from the Acer Aspire One 756 I have right now.

Janeway1989

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Asus is confusing I've been looking at the u500 or ux51vz and every website says its different like gddr3 and gddr5 for the graphics card and I'm not sure if you can upgrade the hard drives in it. I don't like Mac at all I jut like te solid build of the system is all and the fact that it isn't 2 in deep like most laptops that aren't ultrabooks

funguseater

Distinguished
Hi

Just some idea's thrown out there

What are you looking for in a laptop? I see you want aluminum frame, quad core and discreet GPU... is that all? what about budget, since you mentioned the mac book I guess you have some $$$ to spend.

If you are looking for a gaming notebook then the MSI GT Series GT60 0NC-002US Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 15.6" 12GB Memory DDR3 1600 1TB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M is $1286 at Newegg something along those lines have everything a gamer needs @ 1920x1080.

BUT that is NOT an ultrabook, its a fat gaming notebook and it looks it.

I really like the ultrabook idea but it is far too expensive to find a gaming book. (if thats what you need)

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152375

Acer makes some great ultrabooks (at least they appear that way when I check them out at the store, never had one come into the shop) and I was always satisfied with there notebook quality control.

Just some ideas...

Fungi

Janeway1989

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I like the fact that the Mac book isn't thicker than an inch an has a solid build. I'm in the military and I need something that isn't goin to break an doesn't take up a lot of room, weight doesn't matter.

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Basicly any ultrabook thats come out looks liek a macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.