SanDisk Connect Plus 128Mb+Wifi Compact Flash (SDWCFB-128)..

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless,comp.arch.embedded,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

I'm looking for a PDA (Production Data Area) file for this card. It
can be extracted (from a working card) using WinUpdate or similar tool
for flashing Prism-based cards.

Thanks,
Paul

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless,comp.arch.embedded,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

I don't think someone can find a "working card", since AFAIK it is yet to be
released.

Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Editor-in-Chief
Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

I bought one not too long ago. I believe it was either at buy.com
or maybe CompUSA, for evaluation in an embedded project using a
PRISM driver for a 8bit micro.

The Combo card behaves differently after powerup. I.e. it is a
v2.0 multifunction card and it seems that the memory card function
is enabled as default. It would take a little bit of work to map
the prism chipset into a configuration so that a standard PRISM
chipset driver can find it. The mapping registers are documented
in the CF spec, so in theory, it shouldn't be too hard.

If you're using the combo card with Windows or CE, you will need
to use the specific card driver that comes with the card in order
to make the WiFi part work. Without it, the card just comes up as
memory card.

See ya, -ingo

--
/* Ingo Cyliax, cyliax@ezcomm.com, Tel: 812-391-0895 */

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless,comp.arch.embedded,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

> The Combo card behaves differently after powerup. I.e. it is a
> v2.0 multifunction card
Thanks for the info. I had the card working for a month or so using
the supplied drivers (PPC 2003 & XP) when for some reason the PDA on
card got corrupted. I used PDA from another card of the same type as a
template, flashed using Winupdate, problem solved. (No thanks to
Sandisk "support").

Paul