How to remove Windows XP from boot.ini

i had some issues with my pc and a friend installed another windows xp
on my pc. Everything seems to be working fine, accept for the fact
that everytime i try to run a defrag of harddrive it takes absolutely
forever. I also have a bunch of duplicate files. I have a 60gb with
512ram. Another friend told me its not a good idea to have two xp's.
One of the xp's i cant select at all. Is it absolutely necessary to
remove the second inoperable xp i have in my pc. If so, can someone
give me step by step instructions. Im not too knowledgable about
this stuff. Please help. :cry:

HOW TO Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"jsanabria64" <jsanabria64@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:vJSdnfaCb_6RQU3fRVn_vg@giganews.com...
>i had some issues with my pc and a friend installed another windows xp
> on my pc. Everything seems to be working fine, accept for the fact
> that everytime i try to run a defrag of harddrive it takes absolutely
> forever. I also have a bunch of duplicate files. I have a 60gb with
> 512ram. Another friend told me its not a good idea to have two xp's.
> One of the xp's i cant select at all. Is it absolutely necessary to
> remove the second inoperable xp i have in my pc. If so, can someone
> give me step by step instructions. Im not too knowledgable about
> this stuff. Please help. :cry:

Removing windows reference line from boot.ini does not remove (uninstall)
the XP to which the line refers. Where is the second copy of XP installed?
Separate partition or to another folder on the same partition as desired XP?