windows sp service pack 2 lock my internet connection

Tags:
  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Internet Connection
  • Windows XP
July 10, 2005 6:48:01 AM

Hi

Can any help with this after the download of windows xp service pack 2 is
complete my internet connection stop working. Is there anyone that can tell
me if i have to install something or any suggestion pls? thanks
--
redromano

More about : windows service pack lock internet connection

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 3:19:47 PM

I can't think of anything that simply downloading SP2 can do to affect the
computer (unless you are running seriously short of hard disk space).
Installing SP2 is another story altogether. I know of at least one computer
which failed to work properly after having installed SP2. I uninstalled and
re-installed (and this takes some time) but to no avail. I didn't get to
find out why. but the Client was happy with SP1 and I was happy with not
having to spend a lot of time so we both walked away happy that, at least,
the computer was working.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions