802.11g + 2.4GHz video transmitter?

Anyone successfully using 802.11g Wi-Fi, with a 2.4GHz video transmitter in
their home? Considering they're both operating in the same band, I'm
concerned with interference.

Thanks,
Bill Crocker

Bill Crocker wrote:

> Anyone successfully using 802.11g Wi-Fi, with a 2.4GHz video transmitter in
> their home? Considering they're both operating in the same band, I'm
> concerned with interference.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Crocker

Mine seems OK. I'm using ch11 on the WAP. My sender has selectable
channels too.

There is a gizmo for about 40 bucks see ebay that transmits the video on 400
mgz

"Chris Bartram" <chris-dot-bartram@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Bill Crocker wrote:
>
> > Anyone successfully using 802.11g Wi-Fi, with a 2.4GHz video transmitter
in
> > their home? Considering they're both operating in the same band, I'm
> > concerned with interference.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bill Crocker
> >

> Mine seems OK. I'm using ch11 on the WAP. My sender has selectable
> channels too.

I purchased the (new) Radio Shack 15-2572, @ $99.99. It not only transmits
the audio/video, but also the IR remote signal, for the device on the
sending side, while sitting at the receiving side! Works super, with no
interference on the wife's Wi-Fi, that is only 15 feet away! Very cool!

Bill Crocker

"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone successfully using 802.11g Wi-Fi, with a 2.4GHz video transmitter
in
> their home? Considering they're both operating in the same band, I'm
> concerned with interference.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Crocker

Coz

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2002

I have an x10 video sender and it and my buffalo 54g interfere with each
other like crazy - to the point my wireless network stops working. Never
tried changing the channels on both, but in theory , it should work out
eventually (x10 has 4 channel, 802.11g has what, 11 ?)

"Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone successfully using 802.11g Wi-Fi, with a 2.4GHz video transmitter
in
> their home? Considering they're both operating in the same band, I'm
> concerned with interference.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Crocker

I thought x10 was in the 400MHz band...far away from 2.4GHz. My house is
loaded with x10 light modules...no problem. Now I'm talking about the
signal through the 120VAC house wiring. x10 also has wireless RF remote
devices, and I'm not sure what frequency they're using. But again, I have
some of that as well, with no problems.

Bill Crocker

"Coz" <scooby@nospamcozmos.com> wrote in message
> I have an x10 video sender and it and my buffalo 54g interfere with each
> other like crazy - to the point my wireless network stops working. Never
> tried changing the channels on both, but in theory , it should work out
> eventually (x10 has 4 channel, 802.11g has what, 11 ?)
>
> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Anyone successfully using 802.11g Wi-Fi, with a 2.4GHz video transmitter
> in
> > their home? Considering they're both operating in the same band, I'm
> > concerned with interference.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bill Crocker

rico

In article <Fq2dneoJGL_N2wvdRVn-gQ@comcast.com>, "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote:
>Anyone successfully using 802.11g Wi-Fi, with a 2.4GHz video transmitter in
>their home? Considering they're both operating in the same band, I'm
>concerned with interference.
>
>Thanks,
>Bill Crocker

I have an X10 video camara (you've doubtless seen the ads on various
websites), when I apply power, the WiFi portion of my home network
instantly grinds to a halt. Packets get dropped and thruput falls to near
zero. On more then a few occasions it causes my clients to actually drop
completely off the netowrk (that is they cannot see a working AP).

On the other hand the WiFi seems to have no impact on image quality from
the X10.

rico

In article <Wc6dnWIit-UuHQrdRVn-hw@comcast.com>, "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote:
>I thought x10 was in the 400MHz band...far away from 2.4GHz. My house is
>loaded with x10 light modules...no problem. Now I'm talking about the
>signal through the 120VAC house wiring. x10 also has wireless RF remote
>devices, and I'm not sure what frequency they're using. But again, I have
>some of that as well, with no problems.

Based on what my X10 camara does to my 802.11g network, I would assume it
is on 2.4GHz or else it is on a harmonic that clobbers the entire band.
Might just be the 2 I own, but they both just eat my network alive when
power is applied.

In defense of X10, the camaras work great and before I started using WiFi,
did exactly what I wanted them to do. I wish they were on 400Mhz.

>Bill Crocker
>

>"Coz" <scooby@nospamcozmos.com> wrote in message
>> I have an x10 video sender and it and my buffalo 54g interfere with each
>> other like crazy - to the point my wireless network stops working. Never
>> tried changing the channels on both, but in theory , it should work out
>> eventually (x10 has 4 channel, 802.11g has what, 11 ?)
>>
>> "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > Anyone successfully using 802.11g Wi-Fi, with a 2.4GHz video transmitter
>> in
>> > their home? Considering they're both operating in the same band, I'm
>> > concerned with interference.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Bill Crocker

jt

On Tue, 4 May 2004 07:38:35 -0400, "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I thought x10 was in the 400MHz band...far away from 2.4GHz. My house is
>loaded with x10 light modules...no problem. Now I'm talking about the
>signal through the 120VAC house wiring. x10 also has wireless RF remote
>devices, and I'm not sure what frequency they're using. But again, I have
>some of that as well, with no problems.
>
>Bill Crocker

The X10 powerline is in a different band than the X10 wireless remotes
which are in a different band than the X10 cameras. The X10 cameras, and
some others, are in the 2.4 ghz band and overlap the 802.11 frequencies.

Careful picking of frequencies will probably make everything work together,
until you get your new 2.4ghz wireless phone ;)

JT

rico

In article <420d9c13ee262f45a2cc03dc6765d606@news.teranews.com>, spam@dcplus.dyndns.info wrote:
>On Tue, 4 May 2004 07:38:35 -0400, "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>I thought x10 was in the 400MHz band...far away from 2.4GHz. My house is
>>loaded with x10 light modules...no problem. Now I'm talking about the
>>signal through the 120VAC house wiring. x10 also has wireless RF remote
>>devices, and I'm not sure what frequency they're using. But again, I have
>>some of that as well, with no problems.
>>
>>Bill Crocker
>>

>The X10 powerline is in a different band than the X10 wireless remotes
>which are in a different band than the X10 cameras. The X10 cameras, and
>some others, are in the 2.4 ghz band and overlap the 802.11 frequencies.
>
>Careful picking of frequencies will probably make everything work together,
>until you get your new 2.4ghz wireless phone ;)

I wish, seems the X10's eat the entire band. At least I have been unable to
find a channel on my AP that isn't clobbered.

On Mon, 3 May 2004, bam Bino wrote:
> There is a gizmo for about 40 bucks see ebay that transmits the video on 400
> mgz

Possibly not legally (without an FCC license). There are some 434 MHz part 15
transmitters but there are many more that are part 97 (requiring a license).