Command window flash opens and then closes XP Home SP1

I have a client's Windows XP Home SP1 machine that will not allow a command
window to stay open. It flashes open the goes away immediately. They machine
was cleaned for spyware with Adaware, Spybot, and CounterSpy. Used HijackThis
to remove all unnecessary processes. Norton AV running on machine. Zone Alarm
runs as a process but will not show icon taskbar or open gui interface if
this helps any.
1 answer Last reply
More about command window flash opens closes home

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Dan Rud" <Dan Rud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F097086C-3E21-460D-98F2-445C6D662540@microsoft.com...
    >I have a client's Windows XP Home SP1 machine that will not allow a command
    > window to stay open. It flashes open the goes away immediately. They machine
    > was cleaned for spyware with Adaware, Spybot, and CounterSpy. Used HijackThis
    > to remove all unnecessary processes. Norton AV running on machine. Zone Alarm
    > runs as a process but will not show icon taskbar or open gui interface if
    > this helps any.

Command Prompt Windows XP