2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13-14 inch
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1366 x 768 or higher
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? Atleast 6 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? FIFA 13. Settings don't matter as long as there isn't any lag.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Video editing, animation stuff in Blender and Maya. I can live with a dual-core portable with longer render times than a quad-core workstation.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 128 GB SSD preferably. I work off an external 1 TB drive.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. None in particular, open to all options.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least two years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Not a requirement or deal breaker, but a DVD ROM/Writer would be nice.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preferences here, I will consider all options.
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. In summary, I want a laptop that will allow me to do some CG rendering and video editing (not necessarily ultra high performance), which is also portable and not too heavy. I wouldn't mind stretching my budget to under $1000 if it's good value for my money.