Error Messages Regarding Java?

July 10, 2005 2:31:43 PM

I've had an icon on my desktop for sometime that I never could quit
decipher. Now I have two! Can someone please give me a thumbnail sketch of
just what went on here:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
PC=0x72B23CF
Function=Java_sun_awt_windows_WColor_getDefaultColor+0x2E0D
Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\awt.dll

More about : error messages java

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 4:19:26 PM

Hi John,

Download and reinstall JAVA.
Windows Automatic Installation Instructions for the Java Runtime
Environment (JRE) - 1.4.2_xx
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/win_auto.xml

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

John Gregory wrote:
> I've had an icon on my desktop for sometime that I never
> could quit decipher. Now I have two! Can someone please
> give me a thumbnail sketch of just what went on here:
>
> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code
> outside the VM. Unexpected Signal :
> EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
> PC=0x72B23CF
> Function=Java_sun_awt_windows_WColor_getDefaultColor+0x2E0D
> Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\awt.dll
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 10:20:55 PM

Right over top of whatever is there now?

"Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi John,
>
> Download and reinstall JAVA.
> Windows Automatic Installation Instructions for the Java Runtime
> Environment (JRE) - 1.4.2_xx
> http://www.java.com/en/download/help/win_auto.xml
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> John Gregory wrote:
>> I've had an icon on my desktop for sometime that I never
>> could quit decipher. Now I have two! Can someone please
>> give me a thumbnail sketch of just what went on here:
>>
>> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code
>> outside the VM. Unexpected Signal :
>> EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
>> PC=0x72B23CF Function=Java_sun_awt_windows_WColor_getDefaultColor+0x2E0D
>> Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\awt.dll

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 10:55:23 PM

Hi John,

The installation instructions don't mentions uninstalling first.
How do I install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)? - 1.5.0
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000010100.xml

--

!