Error Messages Regarding Java?

I've had an icon on my desktop for sometime that I never could quit
decipher. Now I have two! Can someone please give me a thumbnail sketch of
just what went on here:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
PC=0x72B23CF
Function=Java_sun_awt_windows_WColor_getDefaultColor+0x2E0D
Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\awt.dll
3 answers Last reply
More about error messages java

    Hi John,

    Download and reinstall JAVA.
    Windows Automatic Installation Instructions for the Java Runtime
    Environment (JRE) - 1.4.2_xx
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/win_auto.xml

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    John Gregory wrote:
    > I've had an icon on my desktop for sometime that I never
    > could quit decipher. Now I have two! Can someone please
    > give me a thumbnail sketch of just what went on here:
    >
    > An unexpected exception has been detected in native code
    > outside the VM. Unexpected Signal :
    > EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
    > PC=0x72B23CF
    > Function=Java_sun_awt_windows_WColor_getDefaultColor+0x2E0D
    > Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\awt.dll

    Right over top of whatever is there now?

    "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi John,
    >
    > Download and reinstall JAVA.
    > Windows Automatic Installation Instructions for the Java Runtime
    > Environment (JRE) - 1.4.2_xx
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/help/win_auto.xml
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > John Gregory wrote:
    >> I've had an icon on my desktop for sometime that I never
    >> could quit decipher. Now I have two! Can someone please
    >> give me a thumbnail sketch of just what went on here:
    >>
    >> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code
    >> outside the VM. Unexpected Signal :
    >> EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
    >> PC=0x72B23CF Function=Java_sun_awt_windows_WColor_getDefaultColor+0x2E0D
    >> Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\awt.dll

    Hi John,

    The installation instructions don't mentions uninstalling first.
    How do I install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)? - 1.5.0
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000010100.xml

    --

    John Gregory wrote:
    > Right over top of whatever is there now?
    >
    > "Bert Kinney" wrote
    >> Hi John,
    >>
    >> Download and reinstall JAVA.
    >> Windows Automatic Installation Instructions for the Java
    >> Runtime Environment (JRE) - 1.4.2_xx
    >> http://www.java.com/en/download/help/win_auto.xml
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> John Gregory wrote:
    >>> I've had an icon on my desktop for sometime that I never
    >>> could quit decipher. Now I have two! Can someone please
    >>> give me a thumbnail sketch of just what went on here:
    >>>
    >>> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code
    >>> outside the VM. Unexpected Signal :
    >>> EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
    >>> PC=0x72B23CF
    >>> Function=Java_sun_awt_windows_WColor_getDefaultColor+0x2E0D
    >>> Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\awt.dll

Support Java Microsoft Windows XP