How to score my video card?

G

I see some of you talking about how your video cards are scoring. How do I test mine?

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
download 3dmarks 2000 v1.1 from madonion.com
run the default benchmark
post scores...
usually 3500-5500 for Radeons
usually 8000-10000 for GF2 Ultras
usually 5000+ for GF2 MX
etc

it mostly depends on the video card, but if you have a large disparity (i.e. a GF2 ultra on a Pentium 166), the CPU might slow you down, and conversely a 4MB video Card on athlon 1.2Gig isn't the smartest idea either:).
However, anything above 500Mhz for CPU pretty much means you processor is fast enough, the rest is up to the VideoCard:)

g'luck, let us know the scores:)

G

I am totally confused I scored 5268

I have the Annihilator ultra2 64MB
866 P3
320 MB ram
and comparitively speaking these results seem very low and with my system and the card I have I though Id score higher.

By the way Kodiak Thank you for your help.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by knickfan on 01/19/01 12:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
they are BAD... I get 5000+ with my Radeon All-in-wonder 32MB...

the system must be setup pretty bad -- did you do it yourself, was it a Dell, a custom job, what?

anyhoo, you know the drill... latest drivers (do you have the *latest* drivers for the ultra?), BIOS revisions, etc...
oh, and don't run 3dstudio in the background:)

G

Kodiak Yeah I built it. But I set the Bios up for best config(according to Geforce) What do you mean by bad setup? I just dont see how its possible for this. It sems Ive tried everything. The only thing I can think of is my video card and audio card are too powerful. Its mind boggling. Any suggestions or things I can tweak or try? Thanks

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>> video card and audio card are too powerful

blasphemy... there ain't no such nothin' as a too powerful video card!!! :)))))

don't know, I have an athlon myself, get one of the Intel guys to help you out with tweaks, but Something's rotten in the state of Denmark, and your system is underperforming awfully:(
you should be getting more than 8000 scores with 866 CPU and GF2 Ultra...:)

you do have latest detonator drivers for the GF2?

G

Kodiak, I dont know I downloaded the drivers from NVidia and creative and neither make a difference. I honestly dont know if something is wrong with the card or what .

ws6

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what os are you running? win2k? i got around that score with a creative ultra in win2k. for some reason their is either a driver issue still with win2k or there is a problem with 3dmark2k in win2k. i had a system that only scored around 4000 marks in win2k do better at gaming that a system that scored 6000 in win98. all the same hw. anyone with any clues on this???

thanks,

-----------
Chris
ws6@kc.rr.com

G

I have windows me. If this is what 500 bucks gets me Im taking it back.