Missing explorer columns

Hi all,

first post, and I'm sure there will be a simple explanation that I've
totally overlooked, but here goes anyway....

I keep my mp3's in one folder, called mp3 (of course ;) ). There used
to be a load of columns for album, artist, duration, etc etc, but they
are now all missing. I've tried the obvious way of adding them back
again, but the options aren't there anymore (view - details, choose
details). Also - and this may be a helpful clue, when I hover the
cursor over the mp3's I no longer get the pop up details of the file
other than the basic MP3 file and file size - same if I click on it -
in the left hand pane of explorer there are no longer details about the
file.... any of you good people have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Campbell

--
BigC

Hi Campbell,

Choose details view in windows explorer.
Right click on the gray header over one of the columns and choose the
column types you want to be displayed.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:47:56 +0000, BigC wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> first post, and I'm sure there will be a simple explanation that I've
> totally overlooked, but here goes anyway....
>
> I keep my mp3's in one folder, called mp3 (of course ;) ). There used
> to be a load of columns for album, artist, duration, etc etc, but they
> are now all missing. I've tried the obvious way of adding them back
> again, but the options aren't there anymore (view - details, choose
> details). Also - and this may be a helpful clue, when I hover the
> cursor over the mp3's I no longer get the pop up details of the file
> other than the basic MP3 file and file size - same if I click on it -
> in the left hand pane of explorer there are no longer details about the
> file.... any of you good people have any ideas?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Campbell

Did the folder lose its customization? Try right clicking the mp3 folder
and selecting Properties. On the screen that appears, click the Customize
tab. Select one of the music options.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User