Desktop icon not visible in taskbar

Hi,

At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the taskbar. With just
one click, I could see the desktop. Can’t get it to show again.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Desktop-icon-visible-taskbar-ftopict554944.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1762796
5 answers Last reply
More about desktop icon visible taskbar

    Hi Joe,

    Open notepad to a blank text document and paste the following into it:

    [Shell]
    Command=2
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    [Taskbar]
    Command=ToggleDesktop

    Save the file as "Show Desktop.scf" and drag it to the Quick Launch
    Toolbar.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    "" wrote:
    > Hi Joe,
    >
    > Open notepad to a blank text document and paste the following
    > into it:
    >
    > [Shell]
    > Command=2
    > IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    > [Taskbar]
    > Command=ToggleDesktop
    >
    > Save the file as "Show Desktop.scf" and drag it to the Quick
    > Launch
    > Toolbar.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > jstaron wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the
    > > taskbar. With just one click, I could see the desktop.
    > > Can’t get it to show again. Please advise.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Joe

    Thanks for the info, but I prefer to fix this issue using Windows.

    Joe

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Desktop-icon-visible-taskbar-ftopict554944.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1765801

    No matter what method you use to replace the Show Desktop icon, the
    result is the same.

    What method do you use then?

    --

    jstaron wrote:
    > "" wrote:
    >> Hi Joe,
    >>
    >> Open notepad to a blank text document and paste the
    >> following into it:
    >>
    >> [Shell]
    >> Command=2
    >> IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    >> [Taskbar]
    >> Command=ToggleDesktop
    >>
    >> Save the file as "Show Desktop.scf" and drag it to the
    >> Quick Launch
    >> Toolbar.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> jstaron wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the
    >>> taskbar. With just one click, I could see the desktop.
    >>> Can’t get it to show again. Please advise.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Joe
    >
    > Thanks for the info, but I prefer to fix this issue using
    > Windows.
    >
    > Joe
  4. Dear friend,
    this was my problem as well, and i did exactly what u adviced and it solved the issue.
    THANKS A LOT!
    ramsita (india)

    jstaron said:

    "" wrote:
    > Hi Joe,
    >
    > Open notepad to a blank text document and paste the following
    > into it:
    >
    > [Shell]
    > Command=2
    > IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    > [Taskbar]
    > Command=ToggleDesktop
    >
    > Save the file as "Show Desktop.scf" and drag it to the Quick
    > Launch
    > Toolbar.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > jstaron wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the
    > > taskbar. With just one click, I could see the desktop.
    > > Can’t get it to show again. Please advise.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Joe

    Thanks for the info, but I prefer to fix this issue using Windows.

    Joe

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Desktop-icon-visible-taskbar-ftopict554944.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1765801
  5. Quote:

    jstaron wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > At one time I had the desktop icon showing in the
    > taskbar. With just one click, I could see the desktop.
    > Can’t get it to show again. Please advise.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Joe

    WHOA!!! This totally worked!!!! Thanks Anonymous!

Taskbar Desktops Windows XP