Upgraded My Video Card In My I8600

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

From a 32 meg Geforce 5200 FX to a 64 meg version. What is the average temp
of these? Before I took out the 32 meg board it was registering 51 C. It had
just started running when I monitored it. The 64 meg card was going at about
57 to 60 C. after about 20 minutes of setting idle. Is this average? I can
put my ear to the keyboard and hear the fan running. Do they typically run
even when the CPU fan doesn't run? Like if I'm not really using the laptop
for gaming or something?

Thanks,
Greg

walter

I have the previous 4200 GForce 64Mb and I play a lot of online gaming, The
fan is on often. I have not checked the temp though. Any gaphics intensive
program gets the fan going, I'll hear it in low speed and then it will kick
into high speed once in a while. I guess its normal.