Cant uninstall xp pro

July 10, 2005 5:06:02 PM

I just put in a new hard drive for my notebook, and installed xp pro. During
installation there were 26...twenty six! files that would not install. I
clicked retry when the messages popped up, and then cancel/ignore when they
wouldnt go. I figured I could copy and paste them when installation was done.
I did so with most of them, but there were quite a few "missing". Results....
I cant click on "add/remove programs" (to uninstall xp pro), no
sound/audio/video devices found, cant use the "search" function, cant install
a modem, cant view certain types of files, and on and on. My question
is......how do I get this os off my new hard drive? I tried the dos way, and
that has errors, I cant do the old "fdisk" apparently xp does not recognize
that command anymore? I have a new xppro disk coming, and I want this one OFF
MY HARD DRIVE! Help, help, help, please?
--
Have you ever stopped to think, and forget to start again?

More about : uninstall pro

July 10, 2005 5:29:02 PM

boot from the current cd and delete the partition XP is on then press f3 to
quit. wait for your new disk and install again
--
Don Kendrick

"TheNightowl" wrote:

> I just put in a new hard drive for my notebook, and installed xp pro. During
> installation there were 26...twenty six! files that would not install. I
> clicked retry when the messages popped up, and then cancel/ignore when they
> wouldnt go. I figured I could copy and paste them when installation was done.
> I did so with most of them, but there were quite a few "missing". Results....
> I cant click on "add/remove programs" (to uninstall xp pro), no
> sound/audio/video devices found, cant use the "search" function, cant install
> a modem, cant view certain types of files, and on and on. My question
> is......how do I get this os off my new hard drive? I tried the dos way, and
> that has errors, I cant do the old "fdisk" apparently xp does not recognize
> that command anymore? I have a new xppro disk coming, and I want this one OFF
> MY HARD DRIVE! Help, help, help, please?
> --
> Have you ever stopped to think, and forget to start again?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 5:48:02 PM

Did that. I only get the options of trying to repair the installed version,
or reinstall. Both ways come up with different "missing" files than before?
Am I missing something here (delete partition)?
--

"Unrepper" wrote:

> boot from the current cd and delete the partition XP is on then press f3 to
> quit. wait for your new disk and install again
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "TheNightowl" wrote:
>
> > I just put in a new hard drive for my notebook, and installed xp pro. During
> > installation there were 26...twenty six! files that would not install. I
> > clicked retry when the messages popped up, and then cancel/ignore when they
> > wouldnt go. I figured I could copy and paste them when installation was done.
> > I did so with most of them, but there were quite a few "missing". Results....
> > I cant click on "add/remove programs" (to uninstall xp pro), no
> > sound/audio/video devices found, cant use the "search" function, cant install
> > a modem, cant view certain types of files, and on and on. My question
> > is......how do I get this os off my new hard drive? I tried the dos way, and
> > that has errors, I cant do the old "fdisk" apparently xp does not recognize
> > that command anymore? I have a new xppro disk coming, and I want this one OFF
> > MY HARD DRIVE! Help, help, help, please?
> > --
> > Have you ever stopped to think, and forget to start again?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 9:52:02 PM

I want to sleep tonight, so I found my seagate disk and am writing O's to
this hard drive. Its going to take about 10 hours, but oh well. I have tried
everything possible with no luck other than to get sound and the screens that
xp shows when installed for the first time (take tour, etc..) Safe mode did
not help, still cant get to "add/remove programs" The strange thing is that
after all the work I have done, it has never once asked me to activate? That
could be a GOOD thing? Next I will find those files, and can em! hehe
--

!