Directx 8 and detonator drivers

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
#1 I need a site that I can get Beta detonator drivers
#2 why does directx 8 suck? It slows down the mouse, and makes it a pain in the ass to do anything. Any solutions?

Asus A7v
1 Ghz
kaka Ram that'll only run at 100Mhz (yeah Micron does suck)
Next time I'll get Mushkin
Maxtor ATA100 45GB (and a bunch more that shouldn't matter)
Leadtek Winfast GeForce2 GTS Detonator 6.31
Win2k Pro with SP1 and AMD Patch
SB Live Platinum

This new forum sucks

G

Just maybe your problem is not with directx8.0 but win 2k. Win 2k is not ment to be a gaming platform just business and networking. If you are playing games you might want to use 98se. I bet all your troubles will go away under win 98se.

G

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm running games like UT on Win2K with directX 8 and Detonator3 driver for GF2MX along with 256Mb of Crucial PC133 CL2 and it runs flawlessly.

I also run other games on Win2K with no problems whatsoever. More and more games support Win2K and that is a good thing 'cause it's way more stable than Windoze 98SE.

- Better go Green than Blue!

Zenthar

Distinguished
I too run Win2K and the performance loss was minimal (1.5% loss in 3DMark, which, in real game terms, means about 2-4 FPS). But I doo agree that you might need a little more effort to achieve that under Win2K.

G

You are the first I heard not to slam win2k for gaming. Thanks for the info. I think the key is your 256x pc133 ram. I have had win2k for months and never bothered to install it. I will give it a try.

G

Hell yes you should give it a try!
It's a damn good OS. Never failed me in 6 months.
To me, a Win98 user is like a man standing on a log in the middle of a river with rapids ahead. The Win2K user is the one laughing on the riverside driving is Porsche.

- Better go Green than Blue!

G

Let me be the second person to endorse win2k for gaming.
A while ago, i set my computer to dual-boot winMe and win2k - first one for games, the second for everything else. Well, i use winMe for nothing, and win2k for everything, including games. Its just a way superior os, and i couldn't go back to win9x if i wanted to.

Death to the blue screen of death !!

TRENDING THREADS