S3 savage4

G

Hello people.

My OS WinME, HW: BXCel Motherboard, 64MB SDRAM.

I recently purchased a 16MB S3 Savage4 chipped AGP card. Installed it and drivers.

After WinME completes booting up, I see lines on my desktop. Opening and closing windows will leave traces behind. have to press F5 4 to 5 times to clear up the desktop., and by the way , my mouse hangs at boot-up. When I check Device manager: GENIUS PNP MOUSE w/ an exclamation point has replaced my 'standard serial mouse' driver. Merely refreshing device manager will bring the mouse to life. I have tried downloading an updated driver for Win ME and installing it to no avail.

What is wrong and what can I do about it?

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
These problems only came into play after installing the new video card? Evertyhing was fine up till then? Need more info........ What drivers are you running on that video card? What motherbaord is it? Is it a via or intel chipset?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

I've already tried downloading the latest drivers for my new card. By the way, my old 4MB AGP card worked just fine. The problem only comes out with this new card. What else can I possibly do? Thanks for the suggestions.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The chipset also requires an AGP driver, available from your motherboard manufacturer. A newer version might be needed and should be available there. This is all I can tell you, if that doesn't help maybe someone else can offer you more.

Suicide is painless...........