I'm using Win XP, SP2, Norton Internet Security 2005 fully updated, no
viruses detected.

I had trouble a few months back with my computer randomly restarting. It
most often happened just after Windows had properly started, but became more
frequent. Eventually my hard drive became damaged, and was replaced.

Now, the new hard drive is beginning to do the same thing again - as soon as
Win XP is fully loaded, the computer restarts. This normally happens first
thing each day, but not again till the next day. I doubt that it's actually a
hard drive problem

Thanks

You may need a new power supply, if the computer is old or getting old and is
on constantly, try replacing it or take it to the shop..

J ;-\
"Tony in Geelong" wrote:

> I'm using Win XP, SP2, Norton Internet Security 2005 fully updated, no
> viruses detected.
>
> I had trouble a few months back with my computer randomly restarting. It
> most often happened just after Windows had properly started, but became more
> frequent. Eventually my hard drive became damaged, and was replaced.
>
> Now, the new hard drive is beginning to do the same thing again - as soon as
> Win XP is fully loaded, the computer restarts. This normally happens first
> thing each day, but not again till the next day. I doubt that it's actually a
> hard drive problem
>
> Thanks

Thanks - that may be the problem. It's going in to the workshop again
tomorrow, so I'll mention power supply as a possible cause. I'll let you know
their opinion

Tony in Geelong