-HyperZ and HSR god's gift to man-kind
-R200 looks faster so far then the NV20
-There already R400, 4x to 6x faster then NV20
-S3 is back in action, better then ever, Nvidia IS scared
-ATi radeon made the Geforce2 MX come out faster
----------------------------------------------------------
-ATi is to make the First SDRAM chipset, for the P4 over VIA and ALi
-There P4 chipset will most likely 200mhz DDR-sdram
-ATi chipset will Lower the P4 Price cause there will be onboard video on the chipset.
-Most likely first to make First Northwood p4 chipset after Intel

ATi look like the winner this year. S3 looks Strong too!!! NV20 Will be a loss for Nvidia, S3 will pull a good chipset soon and ATi is about to make a sucess in the chipset business first P4 sdram chipset. nvidia has jack nonthing i chipsets.

Nvidia chipsets so far as it looks:
> DDR-sdram chipset for Athlon
> Will face off with ALi , Via , Sis -the "Twain 3"
> oh they Also have to compete with Micron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATi chipset as its looks:
> ahead of the field cause with deal with Intel
> They Have the First sdram chipset for the p4 - Huge News
> No Micron P4 chipsets that i see coming

-----------------

come and Say --- ATi thank you for the start of the END OF RAMBUS.

Cel 533 - 256mb sdram
15gb HD - ati radeon 32mb ddr (200/200)
SB live! mp3+ - win98 Beos

G

ATI will only rule when they start releasing products that work correctly right out of the box, not after driver patch, driver release, etc... They have done fairly well in the past and I hope they can regain this, but the issues with compatibility and driver maturity weighs in very high on my list as a bad business decision if a company releases a product with those issues. The Radeon is an example of a prematurely released video card. They should have tested more in the private and public sector, as well as hired more, or better, programmers for driver development!!!!!!!

mpjesse

Splendid
It's strange that my 3d mark 2000 scores surpass just about every Radeon SDR and DDR on madonion's website. I'm using a crappy GF2 MX too- with 7ns RAM! But, ATi did ok this year... the Radeon is definitely an improvement over the Rage 128 series =) nVidia rules.

-MP Jesse

G

Hey do you have links to the information about the R200 and R400? I am curious about them but haven't found any info on them to speak of. Thanks.

G

Ati must be rubbing thier hands together at the demise of Voodoo, what will happen to the Voodoo name, will Nvidia keep making them, will you still be able to get support for them?, who knows

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ATI's first chipset for the P4? Me be thinking that Intel has the design for it and just having ATI fab it because of the RAMBUS crap. Otherwise who knows how many INF updates its going to take to get the chipset to work right IF ATI designs it. Even if ATI does design it Intel will for sure will be there for every step of its development. So in review what will ATI's chipset be? An Intel loophole to get DDR on the P4 by the means on an ATI name. And lets all hope that its not an "early release" too!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Radeon for me is a well working card with little problems if any. Every game that I throw at it runs great. No One Lives Forever, Fakk II, Test Drive 6, Flight Sim 2000, Combat Flight Sim One and Two, Driver plus many others seems to run great especially in 32 bit color. 32 bit performance is on Par with GTS II. 2d text is very sharpe and clear on my Trinitron 20" monitor. No blurriness here, my friends GTSII card 2d degrades greatly at resolutions above 1024x768. Not the Radeon. DVD playback is the best I've seen. I use the included Video in with my cable box and the quality is outstanding. In fact I gave away my 21" Zenieth tv set since the quality of my computer was so much better and I wasn't using my tv set anymore. I did have a number of problems back in October when I first purchase the card but not anymore. The price of the Radeons are outstanding for example Radeon 64 VIVO Retail version can be had at Egghead.com for $191.99! Features/performace to price ratio is about the best you can get. So ATI is kicking some major butt now.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Theoretically they should be the winners, right? Right.

But they're not. WAY more GeForce cards were sold than Radeon cards. And once ATi makes a card that works with it's drivers, they might win. But this year, they haven't won. Not yet.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have you ever thought of economics? The reason that Radeons are nose diving in price most likely do to the low demand for them. You have to think that the card started out around 350-400 dollars. Either ATI jacked the price way up at the start to recover development costs, is selling them at a lose to try and earn market share, ATI figured out how to make them cheaper, or they just arent being demanded which in effect drives down price. Basic economics says lower the price to get more buyers, however there are still three other possible reasons for the sudden price drop. Some of which show that ATI is losing, not winning. But hey Im just pulling this out my arse two so I could be wrong.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Far be it for me to piss on your ATI parade, but intel opened up P4 licenses to other companies aswell. So ATI is no longer the only compainy that can make P4 chipsets, only the first to anounce it.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well intel will most likely will force Mobo makers to make mobo's based of the chip. Intel makes more money if ATi chipsets sell over Via or Nvidia chipsets sold. Hell most likely there chipset will be like or maybe "strip down version of "brookdale"" you see its Intel's plan that you dont see, cause your so pro - nvidia

First person to get a topic banned. ABIT BP6 Lives FOREVER!!!

G

I bought a Radeon 64mb DDR card, and i am afraid i sold it to someone at work. I am sure it is a great card, but i like my PC to be stable, and offer consistant good performance. ATI cannot offer this at the moment.....shame really. :eek:(

PS. Brought a Hercules Prophet II Ultra 64 instead. Now i am feeling alot better....... :eek:)

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If i ever find a ATI card in my computer, i'll shoot myself. ATI sucks. They product horrible graphics and they never work right. For these reasons i'll stick to nvidia.

--SR

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well you all will mosy likely love ATi chipsets. They most likely be a Intel clone but with ATi on the the chip over intel.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well it seems like you all goto nvidia sites all day. i want more then just nvidia as the only 3d chip company.

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>> Well it seems like you all goto nvidia sites all day.

not sure if this refers to me - I sure hope not:)
I got the ATI AIW, so I haven't seen a *single* nVidia site -- what's the point:)
I do hear about GF2 though, from forums, news, friends and coleagues...

my point is, you're going on some crusade FOR ATI in a frighteningly similar way that Hobbit was going on a crusade AGAINST ATI... hence anti-hobbit

while I do like my card and for a while I was countering hobbit's "points", and I would obviously like ATI not only to survive but to improve its products (consumers can only be the winners that way), I neverthless have no wish, energy, time or inclination to go on crusades that so many people do these days (also the Intel/AMD fanatics)... I am honestly fascinated and seriously wonder where do you people get the above-mentioned resources? I just don't have it in me I guess to blindly follow a particular product/company:)

anyhoo, g'luck on your crusade -- though I fear its gonna be an uphill battle :smile:

I have an ATI Rage Fury Vivo 32MB. Good card, but the ATI WDM AV Crossbar Controller doesn't work. I downloaded a heavy duty driver to fix it and it worked....until the first cold boot. Repeated and got the same result. Still works though and although my previous card was a STB Velocity 4MB and I can't really compare, I love this card.
I want a Radeon 32 or 64 next.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
RCF we are not hooked on nVidia like you are with ATi. We only go for the best product, which is nVidia right now. If ATi start to make better stuff I will buy them.