Task Schedule not working

ravi

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Hi,

I have set up the task scheduler to start various programs (like Ad-aware,
spybot, synback, etc) to run at various schedules. The task schedule service
is Automatic as are its dependencies. However, the tasks do not run and every
time i start my computer there is a message stating that the tasks could not
be run at the scheduled time. Can you help figure out the problem?

Regards

Inspect the log.

Task Scheduler Does Not Run Tasks When "Run As" User Account Has No Password
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311119

“0x80070005: Access is denied" error message when you create a scheduled
task in Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884573

Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308558

This log file for Scheduled Tasks is stored in the Windows folder, where it
is used to record the activity of scheduled tasks. You can use the log file
to determine why a task might have stopped, or to check on the status of a
task.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/ts_troubleshoot.asp

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP