Hey everyone. Long-time lurker, first time poster. I'm in the market for a new laptop and I would greatly appreciate any input!
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Prefer 1920x1080, but down to 1366x768 is perfectly fine.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I'm a pretty avid gamer, so I'd like to be able to play games like Far Cry 3, Dishonoured, Arkham City, etc at medium to high graphics with at least 30fps.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I do a lot of video and photo editing using Adobe Creative suite.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Newegg,OriginPC(http://originpc.com), Any other custom built gaming laptop site.
I cannot purchase from Amazon or NewEgg because I live in Australia.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't have an allegiances to specific brands. As long as the laptops hardware is up to scratch I am fine with it.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I live in a very warm climate, and it can get pretty damn hot sometimes. I need a laptop that wont overheat and shutdown when I try to do anything graphically intensive. This is the problem I have with my current laptop, and it's caused enough issues for me that I want to replace it.
Too bad Lenovo Y580 is not available in Australia and the recent price hike in US makes shipping Y580 from USA to Australia to cost over $1000 so you have to pay GST. This add 10% to the total price, also you won't get warranty in Asutralia, therefore the Y580 is no longer a recommended laptop for Australian users.