geforce2 detonator driver and shogun incompat.

G

I have an Elsa GeForce 2 graphic card. Shogun total war works fine (can run and play) with the manufacturer (Elsa) driver but performance of the card is not that great. When I installed nvidia own detonator driver, the performance of the card is improved but shogun total war does not even load or run.

Any suggestions?

G

try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If that does not work check the games web site for a patch.

G

Shogun is a very resource hungry game, I have a 1G Athlon with a 32m Riva tnt in it on my workbench and it makes even that grunt, when you have worked out how to play it, let us know!, it seems very complicated to me, we have had a lot of them returned because people couldent get it working

Terak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What? People returning Shogun: Total War?
That game is incredible!

I've not tried it on my GF2 MX machine but I'll take a shot at it tonight and let you know... and I am running the Detonator drivers.

Regards,
Terak

G

Update to my first post.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling before posting on this forum. Tried the 2 different installation mode (recommended and full installations). No luck with that.

The detonator driver causes the game to crash back to the desktop whenever it try to launch the game. However, with the elsa driver the game is loadable and playable.

I'm clueless. I think it may be the VIA chipset on my ABIT KA7-100 MB.