Can't delete empty folder...help?

I have a particular folder on my desktop that I cannot delete.
When attempting to delete I recieve the error message:
" Cannot delete folder..: Cannot find specified file. Make sure you
specify the correct path and file name"

I have tried deleting while in Safe Mode with the same error message. I
have also performed a CHKDSK /F and am still unable to delete.
I am the admin on this PC also.

Any thoughts on how to delete this folder is appreciated.

thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about delete empty folder help

    Log in as another user with admin rights, navigate to that folder then
    delete it.

    "trs80" <trs80@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have a particular folder on my desktop that I cannot delete.
    > When attempting to delete I recieve the error message:
    > " Cannot delete folder..: Cannot find specified file. Make sure you
    > specify the correct path and file name"
    >
    > I have tried deleting while in Safe Mode with the same error message. I
    > have also performed a CHKDSK /F and am still unable to delete.
    > I am the admin on this PC also.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how to delete this folder is appreciated.
    >
    > thanks!

    Open a MS-DOS box and type "rd /s <drive:\folder name>
    [Deletes the folder recursively]

    See this page for several different approaches:
    http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

    You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081

    How to Remove Files with Reserved Names in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315226

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "trs80" <trs80@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have a particular folder on my desktop that I cannot delete.
    > When attempting to delete I recieve the error message:
    > " Cannot delete folder..: Cannot find specified file. Make sure you
    > specify the correct path and file name"
    >
    > I have tried deleting while in Safe Mode with the same error message. I
    > have also performed a CHKDSK /F and am still unable to delete.
    > I am the admin on this PC also.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how to delete this folder is appreciated.
    >
    > thanks!

  3. You can delete empty folders more easily with delete empty directories, explaned @ http://www.nichewp.com/delete-empty-folders.html

Error Message Windows XP