  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
April 29, 2005 12:52:25 AM

Has *anyone* successfully gotten an Ipod to work with an Inspiron
2650? If so, could you share which Firewire or USB 2.0 card you're
using and what, if any, tricks, patches, workarounds or other
contortions you needed to do to make it work?

Thanks,

tmac

More about : inspiron 2650 ipod

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 2:44:07 PM

tmac <tracey@nospam.net> wrote in news:sp437156cauga0s9g3amii4c1vfvkeoi9l@
4ax.com:

> Has *anyone* successfully gotten an Ipod to work with an Inspiron
> 2650? If so, could you share which Firewire or USB 2.0 card you're
> using and what, if any, tricks, patches, workarounds or other
> contortions you needed to do to make it work?

I don't use an Ipod.

But, this might be of help.

For USB2.0 with my I2650, I use this card:
http://addonics.com/products/hub_adapter_converter/card...

However, for it to work properly, it is necessary to install this:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/type.aspx?c=u...
&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=INS_PNT_P4N_2650&category=0&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=4700
&devlib=27

--
Tom McCune
http://www.McCune.cc

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:44:07 GMT, Tom McCune
<news1@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> wrote:

>But, this might be of help.
>
>For USB2.0 with my I2650, I use this card:
>http://addonics.com/products/hub_adapter_converter/card...
>
>However, for it to work properly, it is necessary to install this:
>http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/type.aspx?c=u...
>&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=INS_PNT_P4N_2650&category=0&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=4700
>&devlib=27

Thanks. For whatever reason, that patch doesn't help me - I've
installed it several times.

I finally got the Ipod working last night on the native USB port, but
it'd be nice to get USB 2 working on the machine for the speed.

Thanks,
tmac
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:58:42 AM

tmac <tracey@nospam.net> wrote in news:09b4715pphpnkoerehkhp6s0gmfs7a6bio@
4ax.com:

> Thanks. For whatever reason, that patch doesn't help me - I've
> installed it several times.
>
> I finally got the Ipod working last night on the native USB port, but
> it'd be nice to get USB 2 working on the machine for the speed.

I don't know if this might be of help (it wasn't to me - I couldn't even find
such a setting), but just in case:

http://tinyurl.com/bm3rh
"Computer lock up when plug in the Addonics USB devices
This problem most likely caused by the USB is on legacy setting in the BIOS
when plug in a USB 2.0 device. Disable the legacy setting should resolve the
problem"

--
Tom McCune
http://www.McCune.cc