Nvidia Cards and Serverset chipset

G

I'm working on a dual system with Win2k Server (not advanced). This system has several functions. It operates Altiris Lab Expert to maintain a Multimedia Computer Lab in a college. It also acts as a File Server and a desktop workstation for myself. The problem is that any OpenGL application freezes at initialization (eg: Maya 3.0). Here is the setup.

Intergraph Dual 450 PII TDZ2000GT1: chipset is recognized as Reliance Comp. CNB20-LE (now Serverset)
512Mb ECC SDRAM PC100
Intergrated SYMBIOS SCSI With 8Gb SCSI drive (68pin)
Intergrated Creative Audio
Abit hotrod ATA100 controller with 2 striped 10GB IBM UDMA33 drives
Asus V7700 Deluxe Geforce2 GTS 32mb video card.
Panasonic LFD101 DVD RAM

I'm sure the problem is video driver related... and also related to the fact that this machine uses an old Reliance Comp chipset. Detonator drivers won't even let the machine boot into windows.. after the Win2k Server splash screen, the screen goes black. Using Asus Drivers, the machine will boot, but freezes whenever an OpenGL application is launched. I also tried with a RIVA TNT2 Ultra card which produces the same results. The Serverset website offers no chipset or AGP drivers for download and I'm sure this is the issue.

This system originally came with a Realizm video card which only works with NT 4. I placed the Asus V7700 in it for Win2k support and for it's other options such as video capture... which comes in handy for the work I do on my desk. I prefer using Win2k if at all possible. The machine will work with NT 4 loaded but I really prefer not to deal with NT 4 limitations (2gb NTFS primary partition, no USB, no Fat32 support, DirectX.. etc. etc.)

G

Well, nobody responded... not too many serverset guys out there I guess... at least not any trying to use OpenGL applications with Win2k. I switched everything over to a 440bx board... and problem is solved...
In the meantime.. I've got this High Performance Serverset board that I would rather use if someone shows me a fix.. or AGP driver.

mpjesse

Splendid
I'm willing to bet if you go to Reliance you might find a patch. But, I doubt that they ever bothered to make one seeing how most servers run off a 2D 4 meg graphics card.

-MP Jesse

G

I agree that most servers are. However, this particular machine was built by Intergraph which specializes in 3d rendering machines. It was bought by the college to use SoftImage. They also claim it to be compatible with Win2k, although the Realizm Video card which came with it is NOT.. (only NT) I guess if I spent a few thousand on a Wildcat or something it may work... but we haven't got that kind of cash to blow on it... I couldn't find a single driver for download at Serverset's website.