GF2 + Abit mobo = Crashing...

G

hey guys,
I recently installed my Asus V7700 GF2 GTS 32Mb DDR inot my p3 733 with an Abit VA6 (VIA Apollo Pro 133A chipset) and no matter what I do, the card crashs in applications. Like in 3D Mark 2000, it runs for a few seconds and then crashs directly back into windows. Same with games like UT and Q3, run for a few seconds and crash back into windows. I was reading my mobo manual and it said that same mobo's dont supply a suffecint supply of power to the GPU, causing it to crash. Is this the case that I have? My motherboard i kind of old, and only has 2x AGP. Any info would be great. Thanx
jay

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Get the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers for your motherboard and PRAY! You're another VIA victim, seek counseling.
Or by a better motherboard, like a CUSL2-C. It is 4x AGP, has UDMA 100, and is the best for overclocking-so you can really make that processor and video card fly!

Suicide is painless...........

G

Try running it at AGP X1 if your bios allows it, or download a utility which can do it (I had to do this.) Only thing that worked for me. Don't seem to lose much performance. Better than continual rebooting