Windows won't make friends with my 'C-Media AC97 Audio Dev..

My mudda-bored has onboard audio, and my extensive library of
hardware/software documentation is so well organized that even I can't find
find anything (I'd just mess up my filing system anyway, so it's probably a
good thing). Anyway, I formatted my drive and installed XP with the
assumption that it would find its own drivers for everything, but the audio
just isn't cooperating. I'm not even worried about the quality of the sound,
I just want to hear the Star Trek-ish "swoosh" when I minimize windows! =)
No, I do listen to music occasionally, but I really just thought I could at
least find a generic driver to work. Any suggestions out there? Thanks!

Wes

"Routermajik" <Routermajik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My mudda-bored has onboard audio, and my extensive library of
> hardware/software documentation is so well organized that even I can't
> find
> find anything (I'd just mess up my filing system anyway, so it's
> probably a
> good thing). Anyway, I formatted my drive and installed XP with the
> assumption that it would find its own drivers for everything, but the
> audio
> just isn't cooperating. I'm not even worried about the quality of the
> sound,
> I just want to hear the Star Trek-ish "swoosh" when I minimize
> windows! =)
> No, I do listen to music occasionally, but I really just thought I
> could at
> least find a generic driver to work. Any suggestions out there?
> Thanks!

Go to the manufacturer of your computer or motherboard to download and
install the lastest drivers for the integrated audio device.

--
William

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:12:03 -0700, "Routermajik"
<Routermajik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My mudda-bored has onboard audio, and my extensive library of
>hardware/software documentation is so well organized that even I can't find
>find anything (I'd just mess up my filing system anyway, so it's probably a
>good thing). Anyway, I formatted my drive and installed XP with the
>assumption that it would find its own drivers for everything, but the audio
>just isn't cooperating. I'm not even worried about the quality of the sound,
>I just want to hear the Star Trek-ish "swoosh" when I minimize windows! =)
>No, I do listen to music occasionally, but I really just thought I could at
>least find a generic driver to work. Any suggestions out there? Thanks!
>
>Wes

Windows XP does not supply C-Media drivers or software on the XP
installation disc. To use your C-Media device, you must use the
driver supplied on the motherboard CD. Or, to get the latest driver
and software, go to C-Media's website and download the C-Media
software (all of it), then install it.

The C-Media software is very rich, and includes a very nice mixer,
which can replace the XP native mixer. It also enables you to
properly use the audio inputs on the motherboard (allowing you to use
5.1 speakers using the three audio inputs.)

Read your motherboard manual for information on setting up 5.1
speakers on C-Media AC-97 hardware.

Which is more important:
Having a well-organized filing system which won't allow you to find
what you want, or being able to find what you want with a "messed-up"
filing system? Sometimes, "organization" is counter-productive. In
your case, it certainly appears to be.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.

"Routermajik" <Routermajik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My mudda-bored has onboard audio, and my extensive library of
> hardware/software documentation is so well organized that even I can't
> find
> find anything (I'd just mess up my filing system anyway, so it's probably
> good thing). Anyway, I formatted my drive and installed XP with the
> assumption that it would find its own drivers for everything, but the
> audio
> just isn't cooperating. I'm not even worried about the quality of the
> sound,
> I just want to hear the Star Trek-ish "swoosh" when I minimize windows!
> =)
> No, I do listen to music occasionally, but I really just thought I could
> at
> least find a generic driver to work. Any suggestions out there? Thanks!
>
> Wes

Use the CD of drivers that came with the motherboard and install the driver.
Or go to the makers website and download the driver then install it.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> My mudda-bored has onboard audio, and my extensive library of
> hardware/software documentation is so well organized that even
> I can't find
> find anything (I'd just mess up my filing system anyway, so
> it's probably a
> good thing). Anyway, I formatted my drive and installed XP
> with the
> assumption that it would find its own drivers for everything,
> but the audio
> just isn't cooperating. I'm not even worried about the
> quality of the sound,
> I just want to hear the Star Trek-ish "swoosh" when I minimize
> windows! =)
> No, I do listen to music occasionally, but I really just
> thought I could at
> least find a generic driver to work. Any suggestions out
> there? Thanks!
>
> Wes

have you actualy tried downloading and installing the drivers?
http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_download_01.htm

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Windows-make-friends-Media-AC97-Audio-Device-ftopict555530.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1765528

"" wrote:
> My mudda-bored has onboard audio, and my extensive library of
> hardware/software documentation is so well organized that even
> I can't find
> find anything (I'd just mess up my filing system anyway, so
> it's probably a
> good thing). Anyway, I formatted my drive and installed XP
> with the
> assumption that it would find its own drivers for everything,
> but the audio
> just isn't cooperating. I'm not even worried about the
> quality of the sound,
> I just want to hear the Star Trek-ish "swoosh" when I minimize
> windows! =)
> No, I do listen to music occasionally, but I really just
> thought I could at
> least find a generic driver to work. Any suggestions out
> there? Thanks!
>
> Wes

Greetings,
This might help: