Geforce2MX - Quadro Conversion

G

Has anybody converted their geforce2mx to a quadro with the resistor mod? I plan on doing tonight but wanted to get some opinions first. Will it still support all d3d and opengl games? And I also read that instead of unsoldering the resistors and moving them over you can actually solder the bridge contacts (where the resistors are supposed to get moved to) with solder or shielded wire. Has anyone done this or should I just move them over? And finally what should be done about the bios? Some people say don't flash it and some say flash it. What do I do? Which bios should I use for best results?

G

my friend just did the mod and he said its a must do! im not sure how to really do it but if you do it proply all d3d and opengl games will still work but he said he doesnt recommend it if you just usin it to play games so if you use 3d studio them go right ahead. if not f*#k it.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Now that is interesting... which cards will it work on an can you send me a link to the procedure? How is its performance when compared to a geforce 2 with the same mod? My younger brother is currently in school learning that program (3d studio max) along with others like it and would be interested. what performance increase can you expect from the mod? He currently has an athlon 900 with a geforce 2 pro (cardexpert)

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!