XP no longer recognizes ctrl+alt+del

computer is bogging down and when I try to acces the task manager via ctrl
alt del absolutely nothing happens... please help.

Try one of these...

Ctrl + Shift + Esc
or
Right click the Taskbar | Task Manager
or
Start | Run | Type: taskmgr | OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:DADF425E-0BF7-415C-B6A5-0F7CD8F58F33@microsoft.com,
seanfillenwarth <seanfillenwarth@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
pecked:

"seanfillenwarth" <seanfillenwarth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DADF425E-0BF7-415C-B6A5-0F7CD8F58F33@microsoft.com...
> computer is bogging down and when I try to acces the task manager via
> ctrl
> alt del absolutely nothing happens... please help.

Scan your system in safe mode to rid of Spyware, malware, and parasites.

Adaware SE (free)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download

Spybot - search and destroy (free)

Trend Micro - Housecall (free)