No users at startup! Please help.

July 11, 2005 2:11:09 PM

Hi,

All of a sudden, I have no users appearing on the startup screen for my XP
Home computer. For a while, I could bypass the startup screen login by using
control-alt-delete. Now when I try that, it's telling me that I can't login
interactively!? I haven't the faintest idea what's going on. I've run
Norton and Ad-aware (when I could still get in at all) and nothing came up.

I'd really love to be able to use my computer again; so, any help would be
much appreciated!

More about : users startup

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 10:17:47 PM

Hi

Reboot your PC and then keep tapping the F8 key to see if you can access a
screen that has 'Last Known Good Configuration' as an option. Try that to
see if you can access Windows normally.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User