Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

Aspire one d257 netbook error pxe-m0f: exiting pxe rom no bootable device -- ins

Tags:
  • Acer
  • Boot
  • Netbooks
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
December 11, 2012 9:25:55 PM

Two days of research and nothing that anyone has post has helped. I am at a loss. My daughter's netbook will not even respond to "Alt + F10" it doesn't work. Nothing does I even went as far as to use a flash drive, and change boot order to boot from the usb flash drive. Still when I power the netbook, I get the Acer flash screen, then:

"blah, blah, blah, blah ... pxe-m0f: exiting pxe rom no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Anyone have any answers that doesn't start with "Alt + F10"?

Thanks,

Frustrated Mom

More about : aspire d257 netbook error pxe m0f exiting pxe rom bootable device ins

Best solution

a c 267 D Laptop
December 11, 2012 9:53:18 PM

Go into the BIOS of the netbook when you first power it up (usually press F2 or DEL key to access BIOS). Look for the network adapter settings. Turn off (disable the network adapter PXE settings if enabled). Also look at the boot order and make sure that boot from network is disabled. Save and restart. You'll be good to go.
a c 245 D Laptop
February 23, 2013 9:26:09 PM

Hi :) 

CLOSING due to age... but please start another thread if you are still having problems , which I will answer promptly...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
a c 245 D Laptop
February 23, 2013 9:26:12 PM

Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
Score