i have file and print sharing capabilities on my windows network, is there
anyway i can use passwords on them as to securely access and delete files, i
want my brother to be on my network, but i dont want him accessing and
deleting files etc, just want him to share the print capabilities
we both have windows xp home edition

Boot to Safe Mode, and logon as default "Administraor" account.

Access the Perrmissions of the files and folders, making them available only to you.
Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040):
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0/40.ASP

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Squibbly2" <antispam@account.com> wrote in message news:dau9p7$7q1$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>i have file and print sharing capabilities on my windows network, is there anyway i can use passwords on them as to securely access
>and delete files, i want my brother to be on my network, but i dont want him accessing and deleting files etc, just want him to
>share the print capabilities
> we both have windows xp home edition

TRENDING THREADS