aw

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

hey, when i shutdown my computer, i get the ENDTASK window opening, and it
tries to close the task "ISTsvcWIND" but cant...does anybody know what that
means???

thanks

Congratulations! You have been hijacked! You have scumware!

ISTBar - Adware removal instructions
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/istbar/index.phtml

C:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe

istsvc.exe is an advertising program by Integrated Search Technologies. This
process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the
author's servers for analyses. This also prompts advertising popups. This
program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

"istsvc.exe" is part of ISTbar. This Internet Explorer add-in is spyware and
a homepage and search page hijacker.
ISTbar may also install other parasites including TinyBar, ToolbarCrash,
SearchbarCrash, RapidBlaster and Download Plus.
If you don't recall downloading ISTbar, it may have found it's way on your
system by using an ActiveX control to silently install on your system by
simply visiting a website. This is most common with adult content websites.
You should remove it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes