Cant Install/Uninstall programs after changing drive letter

After installing a secondary hard drive windows assigned it to H:\ It stayed
drive letter H:\ for months untill changed it to D:\ with Disk Management in
Administrative Tools. Now I cant Install/Uninstall cirtain programs and get
the message. Error 1327. Invalid Drive: H:\
4 answers Last reply
More about cant install uninstall programs changing drive letter

    "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing a secondary hard drive windows assigned it to H:\ It
    > stayed
    > drive letter H:\ for months untill changed it to D:\ with Disk Management
    > in
    > Administrative Tools. Now I cant Install/Uninstall cirtain programs and
    > get
    > the message. Error 1327. Invalid Drive: H:\

    reassign the drive as H:
    control panel, administrative tools. computer management, disk management,
    right click on the drive then read the menu options.

    I have reassigned the drive as H: and can Install/Uninstall all programs again.
    However I would like all my hard drives to come before my removable and dvd
    rom drives.

    "Alan Smith" wrote:

    > "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After installing a secondary hard drive windows assigned it to H:\ It
    > > stayed
    > > drive letter H:\ for months untill changed it to D:\ with Disk Management
    > > in
    > > Administrative Tools. Now I cant Install/Uninstall cirtain programs and
    > > get
    > > the message. Error 1327. Invalid Drive: H:\
    >
    > reassign the drive as H:
    > control panel, administrative tools. computer management, disk management,
    > right click on the drive then read the menu options.

    "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing a secondary hard drive windows assigned it to H:\ It
    stayed
    > drive letter H:\ for months untill changed it to D:\ with Disk Management
    in
    > Administrative Tools. Now I cant Install/Uninstall cirtain programs and
    get
    > the message. Error 1327. Invalid Drive: H:\

    Assign your removable and CD'd to something like S: and X: - then your HD's
    will always be "below" them unless you manually change them

    Can you please follow the flow of conversation rather than jump top to
    bottom to top, it makes it possible to follow your post properly. Some
    people ignore posts where you don't follow a proper flow.

    >I have reassigned the drive as H: and can Install/Uninstall all programs
    >again.
    > However I would like all my hard drives to come before my removable and
    > dvd
    > rom drives.

    So why not reassign their letters too?

Microsoft Support Disk Management Hard Drives Windows XP