Dell to Expand India Outsourcing by Hiring 2,000 People

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBGS9QD48E.html

More about dell expand india outsourcing hiring people

    On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:22:14 GMT, "GTS" <x@y.com> wrote:

    >http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBGS9QD48E.html

    Mike Dehli shows offshore love
    http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2005/04/29/dell_india_binge/

    Curious <Curious@curiosity.net> wrote:
    >http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2005/04/29/dell_india_binge/

    Hey, it's his foot, if he wants to shoot it that's his business
    (model). The backlash against Indian Tech Support (SM) is already
    starting, if he wants to leave good tech support to other
    manufacturers what's the problem?

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 16:04:05 -0400, William P. N. Smith wrote:

    >Curious <Curious@curiosity.net> wrote:
    >>http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2005/04/29/dell_india_binge/
    >
    >Hey, it's his foot, if he wants to shoot it that's his business
    >(model).
    >
    > The backlash against Indian Tech Support (SM) is already
    >starting, if he wants to leave good tech support to other
    >manufacturers what's the problem?

    Despite push-back from customers and some employees, Dell has been
    relentless about offshoring customer support work.

    Rollins blamed past Indian support failures on an over-zealous
    management and not workers who had yet to master a Texas twang.

    Dell was forced to bring some of its support operations back home
    after complaints.

    "Then, we were doing too much, too fast in too many places. We had to
    prioritize and refine," he told the reporters.

    Now, however, the company is prepared to return Bangalore to its full
    offshored support glory.

    Dell, no doubt, has created a more "refined" system for handing out
    American names to its Indian staff and for teaching them phrases like,
    "Ya'll call again, you hear" and "Damn, son, you talk faster than a
    rancher moving beef at auction."

Dell Expand Computers