Do NOT want roaming

I have a Motorola V60 along with Siemnes CF62

I am on the Fido network... but I do "NOT" wish to have access to the
Rogers Expanded network.

Is there a way to program either or both of these phones to work
strckly on the Fido network...??

Thanks
Behr

Please reply within newsgroup ONLY.
I do not read emails sent to this address.
Thanks....
3 answers Last reply
More about roaming

    Behr wrote:
    > I am on the Fido network... but I do "NOT" wish to have access to the
    > Rogers Expanded network.
    >
    > Is there a way to program either or both of these phones to work
    > strckly on the Fido network...??

    There is no longer a Fido network. Your phone is constantly roaming on
    Rogers's network. And the phone has absolutely no idea if it is roaming in an
    area formerly covered by Fido or not since the towers emit the same network ID
    (CAN 072)

    Only Rogers knows which towers will result in the "extended coverage" and
    which won't. There is now a manual too for this, you need to dial *#123# and
    it then tells you if you are now in a fido basic coverage area or extended
    coverage area.

    I am not sure if the 4 legged furry CSRs would have an option on their
    copnputer to disable roaming of your account into extended areas. You would
    have to call them. The other option is to turn your phone off or set
    forwarding to voicemail for all calls.

    When I do *#123# on my unlocked Treo 600 with Fido SIM monthly plan in it,
    the message that I get back is "Network Response - No Tariff Area
    information Available".

    Harry Eugene Ly wrote:

    > When I do *#123# on my unlocked Treo 600 with Fido SIM monthly plan in it,
    > the message that I get back is "Network Response - No Tariff Area
    > information Available".

    That is what I had been getting the first day, but I still had the $5.00 for
    access to the full network.

    Where are you located ? Perhaps this is not working in all cities yet ?

Fido Motorola Internet Service Providers